SRI was reset with VCDS, but car still sez "Service Due"

MLB

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=348541
Hi, on my wife's 2011 Q5 I used VCDS to reset all service intervals. but when she starts the car, still sees the message "Service Due"
There must be a separate place in VCDS to remove this alert?
Thanks,
--Michael

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Please connect VCDS, click [SRI Reset], wait for VCDS gather up the contents of the SRI-related channels, click [Add to logfile] and then post the data here so we can see what's what.

-Uwe-

MLB

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=348541
Code:
Monday,23,March,2020,11:50:58:35303
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
VCDS Version: 19.6.2.2 (x64)  HEX-V2 CB: 0.4508.4
Data version: 20200210 DS308.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WA1WKAFP5BA030617   License Plate: 
Mileage: 117658   Repair Order: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VCDS Release 19.6.2:  SRI Reset
Control Module Part Number: 8R0 920 981 G       Labels:  .8R0-920-xxx-17.clb
Component:KOMBIINSTR.   H13 0258, Coding:831D22000B00D705020201
Operation: Please select an operation
************************************************************************************************************************
Channel  	Description                                       	Unit      	Current val.  	New val.  
02       	Service Reminder Status                           	          	2             	---       
40       	Distance since Service                            	km x100   	160           	---       
41       	Time since Service                                	Days      	202           	---       
42       	Minimum Distance to Service                       	km x100   	150           	---       
43       	Maximum Distance to Service                       	km x100   	150           	---       
44       	Maximum Time to Service                           	Days      	365           	---       
45       	Oil Quality                                       	          	1             	---       
47       	Soot Quantity                                     	DIST x100 	0             	---       
48       	Thermal Load                                      	DIST x100 	1132          	---       
49       	Minimum Time to Service                           	Days      	365           	---       
50       	Basic Distance Value for Oil Change               	km x100   	160           	---       
51       	Basic Time Value for Oil Change                   	Days      	365           	---       
52       	Basic Distance Value for Inspection               	km x100   	160           	---       
53       	Distance since Inspection                         	km x100   	401           	---       
54       	Basic Time Value for Inspection                   	Days      	365           	---       
55       	Time since Inspection                             	Days      	534           	---       
56       	Day Counter                                       	Days      	3481          	---       
************************************************************************************************************************

Fredrick Awuor

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309834
Code:
Monday,23,March,2020,11:50:58:35303
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
VCDS Version: 19.6.2.2 (x64)  HEX-V2 CB: 0.4508.4
Data version: 20200210 DS308.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WA1WKAFP5BA030617   License Plate: 
Mileage: 117658   Repair Order: 

VCDS Release 19.6.2:  SRI Reset
Control Module Part Number: 8R0 920 981 G       Labels:  .8R0-920-xxx-17.clb
Component:KOMBIINSTR.   H13 0258, Coding:831D22000B00D705020201
Operation: Please select an operation
Channel  	Description                                       	Unit      	Current val.  	New val.  
02       	Service Reminder Status                           	          	2             	---       
40       	Distance since Service                            	km x100   	160           	---       
41       	Time since Service                                	Days      	202           	---       
42       	Minimum Distance to Service                       	km x100   	150           	---       
43       	Maximum Distance to Service                       	km x100   	150           	---       
44       	Maximum Time to Service                           	Days      	365           	---       
45       	Oil Quality                                       	          	1             	---       
47       	Soot Quantity                                     	DIST x100 	0             	---       
48       	Thermal Load                                      	DIST x100 	1132          	---       
49       	Minimum Time to Service                           	Days      	365           	---       
50       	Basic Distance Value for Oil Change               	km x100   	160           	---       
51       	Basic Time Value for Oil Change                   	Days      	365           	---       
52       	Basic Distance Value for Inspection               	km x100   	160           	---       
53       	Distance since Inspection                         	km x100   	401           	---       
54       	Basic Time Value for Inspection                   	Days      	365           	---       
55       	Time since Inspection                             	Days      	534           	---       
56       	Day Counter                                       	Days      	3481          	---       

channels 40,41,53,55 have to be reset manually via instrument cluster to appease channel 2

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Fredrick's advice should work however I would have expected the reset to complete after selecting Service Reset (USA only) followed by [Perform SRI] and a key cycle.

MLB

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=348541
Hi, Thanks for your replies!
Here is what I just finished trying tonight:

I pushed the key fob into the slot on the dash to turn on the ignition (but not start the car)
From the front screen of VCDS I clicked the SELECT button
Then to 17-Instruments
Then Adaptation-10
The drop-down list has many options including the four that were suggested by Frederick.
I went to each of these four in turn and they all had a nonzero stored value, I entered zero for the new value, clicked the test button and then the save button.
Then backed out of all the fields and exited VCDS, And disconnected the cable from the car. I pressed the key again to shut off the car and the instrument display said service due! Then I removed the key and let everything go dark.
When I repeat inserting the key and then pressing again to remove it it still says service do which is what my wife sees every time she uses the car
So I don’t have a solution yet for how to reset the “Service Due!” alert

Fredrick Awuor

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309834
Hi, Thanks for your replies!
Here is what I just finished trying tonight:

I pushed the key fob into the slot on the dash to turn on the ignition (but not start the car)
From the front screen of VCDS I clicked the SELECT button
Then to 17-Instruments
Then Adaptation-10
The drop-down list has many options including the four that were suggested by Frederick.
I went to each of these four in turn and they all had a nonzero stored value, I entered zero for the new value, clicked the test button and then the save button.
Then backed out of all the fields and exited VCDS, And disconnected the cable from the car. I pressed the key again to shut off the car and the instrument display said service due! Then I removed the key and let everything go dark.
When I repeat inserting the key and then pressing again to remove it it still says service do which is what my wife sees every time she uses the car
So I don’t have a solution yet for how to reset the “Service Due!” alert

i think you need to reset channel 2 as well after the others....or try Dana"s fine suggestion above

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
i think you need to reset channel 2 as well after the others....or try Dana"s fine suggestion above

I agree. Channel 2 needs to be reset so you can do that manually or use the Service Reset (USA only) > [Perform SRI] > key cycle procedure.

Last edited:

MLB

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=348541
Channel 2 was set to a value of “2” even though the popup indicated only allowable values were 1 (service due) or zero ( NO service due). Maybe this was the weirdness problem? I reset value to zero and the alert was cleared.
VCDS gave a message saying SRI could be reset under “Applications” but i found no such option there.
So it still seems to me the top level SRI reset function did not do what it claims to do.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So it still seems to me the top level SRI reset function did not do what it claims to do.
Based on the values in the channels that you posted, I have to question whether you had actually done a reset.

Just clicking [SRI Reset] does not do a reset. It takes you to that function, which reads the values in the SRI-releated channels and shows them to you. At that point, you must select an Operation from the drop-down on the screen, and then click [Perform SRI].

Please see:
https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/sri-reset.php

-Uwe-

MLB

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=348541
Thanks Uwe.
I was Doing It Wrong!
D’oh!