Adblue system on Q5 - any way to disable?

adrien

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=274270
Hi everyone

I have a friend with a Q5 diesel that needs adblue in order to stop shutting the engine off.

My understanding is that this is a requirement for meeting European emission standards.

However we aren't in Europe, and the standards here are more relaxed, and the adblue system seems to be just a time-bomb waiting to disable the engine.

Is there a setting anyone knows of to disable this system altogether so that it just runs without adblue?

Thanks

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
If you make sure there is adblue in the car the engine will not be disabled... maybe it is helpfull to post a complete and unedited autoscan of that car...

adrien

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=274270
My question is whether the car can be configured to run without adblue altogether without being disabled

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Without modding ECU software by tuner - NO

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Rollux

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=380572
Disabling Adblue and DPF systems is a WoF failure - testing places are rolling out thermal cameras to check operation as they can see if the system is in place and active in about 10secs with the thermal camera.
We have had several people in lately that have just been failed for removed/disabled dpf and scr systems picked up by such a method a the 2 local testing places.

You have been warned!
PS - it has been illegal to remove emissions equipment on post 2008 cars in NZ since 2010....

kronner2

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=391832
In case you want it fixed, look here:
https://www.ecuware.com/

You will need to flash your ECU. Maybe it works with VCP, but definitely not with VCDS. If you register your car in a country where it is mandatory, I would not recommend changing it, as AdBlue is not very expensive.

Back