2013 R8 Mileage check

mike_r8

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to vcds, I havent used it before but I am an ecu tuner so fully understood about diagnostics and how everything works. I was wondering if anyone can help me in finding out if VCDS lite will be able to read the genuine ecu miles of the car? I am going to be using a 3rd party cable also... FT232RL chip base...

I am in the market for an r8 and found one but want to confirm the mileage..

Thanks guys sorry if this has been covered before, I searched but couldnt find anything definitive.

Thanks,

Mike

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
I'm not absolutely certain, but I kinda think to read an Audi R8 you're going to need a full VCDS version and genuine cable. VCDS Lite is rather limited when it comes to CAN enabled vehicles.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
VCDS Lite is rather limited when it comes to CAN enabled vehicles.
That's an understatement. VCDS-Lite doesn't support them at all; it can only communicate via K-Lines.

There may be measuring values (for example in the transmission) where mileage is stored in this car, but I'm not certain of that without seeing a scan.

Of course someone "in the market for an r8" can certainly afford $199 for basic, full VCDS system, and will surely find it useful, if not indispensable, no?

-Uwe-

PS: Moving to Pre-Sales Support.

mike_r8

Reaction score
hey thanks for chiming in, of course i will buy the full version but if the odometer has been tampered its a waste of 200 bucks as I wont buy the car..

Is there anything I can do at all to get an indication? Its a gen 1 model.. First R8

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sorry, I misinterpreted "in the market for". I took that to mean that you had decided to buy an R8 and were trying to determine whether this particular one was the right one.

-Uwe-

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Is there anything I can do at all to get an indication? Its a gen 1 model.
Find a friend in UAE who has VCDS and ask them to scan the car for you?

mike_r8

Reaction score
No one will have it here, even if they did they would be too stupid to use it lol

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
No one will have it here
According to our records, we have 217 customers with the two-letter country code of "AE".

There are also 45 members of this forum with the 'location' field set to "UAE".

However, our privacy policy does not allow me to make "referrals" beyond offering some forum user names. Try jawad. He has the highest post count of any of the members from the UAE, and was active here within the last weel.

-Uwe-

Back