Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: B6 A4 1.8t quattro rebuilt head multiple misfires cyl#2 and #3

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the key-way is broke and is floating?
    Can't grounds be sent back to battery directly or enhanced?

Don't other versions of coil wiring use a capacitor to help aid stable voltage to coils?

Couldn't shield being added to coil signal wires to ECU, enhance/filtered out induction on VC from camshafts or any metal turning components?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Which keyway? Damper pulley nub, exhaust cam gear, intake cam reluctor? If it's keyway on tensioner cogs, I'm screwed. The others were thoroughly, if noobishly inspected. The exhaust gear pulley key was a little sloppy for my liking, but no metal fatigue visible on cam slot or gear key.

I can certainly run some 8g stranded wire back to the neg post. There are factory holes in the rear firewall, easy enough to park a rubber grommet in there and ground out to battery. I'd probably keep the original ground location and run a jumper from there. As for aerospace spec on signal impedance, I'm not there yet either, but I'm looking forward to it. Intrigued by the notion that twisted pairs can serve as shielding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which keyway? Damper pulley nub, exhaust cam gear, intake cam reluctor? If it's keyway on tensioner cogs, I'm screwed. The others were thoroughly, if noobishly inspected. The exhaust gear pulley key was a little sloppy for my liking, but no metal fatigue visible on cam slot or gear key.

I can certainly run some 8g stranded wire back to the neg post. There are factory holes in the rear firewall, easy enough to park a rubber grommet in there and ground out to battery. I'd probably keep the original ground location and run a jumper from there. As for aerospace spec on signal impedance, I'm not there yet either, but I'm looking forward to it. Intrigued by the notion that twisted pairs can serve as shielding.

Key-ways on the following:

Fixed break away key-ways on crank cog and cam cog and virtual float press fits on cam sprockets to display the notch on each.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes drihos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lemme digest that for a minute.

Here are the comp test numbers.

1 2 3 4

D 160 160 160 160

W 180 175 165 170

Not sure why I got such a variance on the wet test, maybe the rings are "meh", and the head gasket as well? There is also a known exhaust leak which presented itself shortly after launch when the midpipe snapped off the bellows elbo. My oilcan extension for the wet test was questionable, could hardly tell how much oil each cylinder got. Each round went a five count, per Eric the Car Guy
    Last edited by drihos; 03-23-2020 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Formatting

Post Thanks / Like
    Awaiting downpipe to repair exhaust leak. Will clear DTCs and post a fresh Autoscan then. On a side note, my alarm siren is giving it's siren song which may account for some of the intermittent alarm codes? Got one of those on the way as well. Have not even checked the door harness either, although I will as soon as the sun comes out. Shit time to catch a cold, not like there's ever a good time for that noise.

Post Thanks / Like
    down-pipe arrived, waiting on gasket and lock-nuts...

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it a larger downpipe?