Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P0301

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome.

Is this your first time on a forum? Normally, one would put all the above information into just one post rather than ten different ones where you're replying to yourself.

Fuel pressure rising after the engine has been shut down is normal. It's due to the fuel in the rail no longer moving and warming up from the residual heat of the engine.

The first thing I would do with a single cylinder misfire is to swap the plug and coil from that cylinder to a different one. If the problem moves with them, then you know it's either that plug of that coil. If it doesn't, then it's something else. Next I would try swapping the injector for that cylinder with a different one.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have switched the coils! The problem stays with cylinder one! I have not swapped the injector. It is a very long process taking everything out for this test. I need to make sure before I move the injector. Thank you so much for your response!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know how to test the injectors with VCDS!?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A scan tool cannot "test injectors" beyond perhaps actuating them momentarily, but you already know they would pass such a test because the engine smooths out when you drive the car.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my new vent valve. I put it in and now it seems the vacuum leak is in another location. This adds to the misfire! The oil cap and dip stick have vacuum. I need to fix this before I move to the injectors!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you install the N80 vent valve in proper direction and check intake for leaks directly?

Did you know that before doing any swapping of anything, a compression check should be done to determine if the cylinder is in proper order mechanically?

If it is not with maximum specified numbers & observed via RTFB maybe look at carbon build up on intake valves and inspect intake gasket real good before doing an injector swap, because did you know a compression check can be done with intake off during inspection?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 03-23-2020 at 02:27 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........