Thread: Audi B9 multi-color interior ambient light

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Audi B9 multi-color interior ambient light

I have A5 Premium Plus which comes with interior ambient light but white only. I've been actively looking for ways to retrofit multi-color/RGB ambient light.

Now I have all QQ2 modules (including four door panels, cup holders and console trims) needed for the retrofit and was able to activate interior multi-color menu on MMI using VCDS, but not sure how to go on from here. Using VCDS and testing on cup holders with QQ2 lighting did not work. Also I found out that QQ2 for console light bars have slightly different female plugs so I may need a new harness to fit that in. Seems like a beast of work in general.

Other threads mention that I need VAG COM to configure how LIN BUS/light modules communicate with each other but was not able to get much detail where I could replicate.

Am I able to complete this retrofit just using VCDS, or do I need VAG COM as well? Where would I be able to find blueprint / diagram for the wiring?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "VAG-COM" is just the old name for VCDS. The name changed back in 2008, but some people still call it that. So if someone says, "You need VAG-COM", they mean VCDS.

However, I don't have any specific information regarding this retrofit.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

3. Likes Dana, kartashon liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your BCM Module will be missing the parameter sets to get the Colour Palette etc to show up on your console. You need to use other tools (not VCDS) to add this.

You will also need to run extra wires to each LED module that your existing White LED modules don't have. Its hard work, but its doable.

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dynamic Pack | Matrix Lights | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | N-Vision | BOSE | DVD Changer | Homelink | Soft Door Close | Heat+Sound Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Side Assist | Air Suspension | Ambient Lighting | Heated+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap

5. Likes Dana, kartashon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wiring diagrams can be obtained from erWin: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information

If you aren't familiar with current flow wiring diagrams the videos in this thread should be helpful: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...final-version)

7. Likes Uwe, Bogdan.audi, kartashon liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a twist on this:
    B9 S5 2018 MLB-EVO platform.
    I have the multicolor interior lights already installed (they are standard on the Prestige).

I would like the Interior ambient lights (all of them) to turn on with unlock, welcome home, etc., instead of only when the car is running.

Right now, standard OEM programming is that only the B&O trim and the overhead lights come on...
    Kind of boring - but that "effect" is pretty standard, even on Kia/Mercedes, etc.

Any help appreciated!!!