Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing CAN gateway

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MAJones89 View Post
    I assume any features that the car came from the factory with will all be there once thP is removed?
    That's not true, there are many examples where people have fitted a new CAN gateway and the dealer only did CP removal which resulted in some features that were "fitted" at the factory being lost - so when CP removal is done it's important to insist that ALL FeC codes are also restored.

2. Likes MAJones89, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    That's not true, there are many examples where people have fitted a new CAN gateway and the dealer only did CP removal which resulted in some features that were "fitted" at the factory being lost - so when CP removal is done it's important to insist that ALL FeC codes are also restored.
    Good to know, thanks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MAJones89 View Post
    I assume any features that the car came from the factory with will all be there once the CP is removed?
    None of the retrofits on the car have required anything from VW, just enabling and coding with VCDS
    MAJones: Your assumption will be correct if the master-tech (or more likely, her apprentice) @ the dealer correctly completes the CP error removal process! AFAIK, CP removal is a 2 x pass process involving the registration of the new module identity in the car's "CP constellation" list (and the removal of the old module from the list) and second, the re-establishment of FeC s (if needed) in the new module - which I suspect is pulled from data about the car's VIN from the FAZIT database.

But I agree that andy's suggestion is worth mentioning because it's not unknown for part two of the CP process to be missed (it happens!!). Perhaps it might be prudent to confirm that the SWAP authorization licenses have been re-established in the new module before paying what I'm certain will be an exorbitant amount of your money to the dealer for the CP error removal process - it can't harm

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 03-17-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

5. Likes Uwe, MAJones89, andyhud, PetrolDave liked this post