Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Autoscan hangs and 14.2.3 won't connect

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yep, I understand that. Unfortunately, we don't have a Phaeton handy to try to reproduce this on, nor are they super easy to find.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any comparative HEX-USB+CAN vs. HEX-NET logs or debugs that would be of value? Also, I can arrange remote access if it helps.

Failing all else, I would be willing to discuss sending you my navigation computer for a couple of weeks. The address 07 and 37 problems look similar, and the navigation computer is much easier to remove and do without. I've dug around in the firmware they run for other Nefarious Purposes, and I have reason to believe their diagnostic protocol stacks are identical. I would need it back eventually.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yep, let's get some debug logs. In VCDS go to [Options] and set Debug Level to 1024, then click [Apply]. Now access the offending modules, first using your HEX-USB+CAN (which works), and then do it again with your HEX-NET (double-check that the Debug Level is still 1024, it won't "stick" through a restart of VCDS). Please e-mail the resulting files (which will be in your Debug sub-folder) to Support@...

Thanks!

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Yep, let's get some debug logs. ...
    Done, and sent.

In the HEX-USB+CAN logs, I opened each module, checked fault codes and viewed MVB 001.

In the HEX-NET logs, I actually managed to sort-of connect with VCDS Desktop via USB. It took a long time, but it eventually connected. The heartbeat spinner thing was spinning. However, no identifying information came back and most of the functions were disabled. I watched and it did indeed leave the DIAG mode stuck on the infotainment unit in this mode. I went back and opened/closed it with my HEX-USB+CAN just to make sure it went to sleep properly and didn't become a parasitic draw.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Michael (PanEuropean), who I think you know pretty well, offered to leave his car in Lansdale for several weeks if needed. He travels a lot and the car just sits anyway. I told him that's probably not necessary, given how close we are to full functionality already, but I thought I should connect you two anyway.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post85407707

Do you feel like the debug log is enough to attack the address 07/37 problem? I'm not asking for an immediate fix; I'm just asking if the debug logs were enough or if you're stuck without direct access. I could also put out a feeler to see if anyone has a spare J523 or nav computer they're willing to part with permanently for your bench.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sure, we know Michael; he brought his car down almost 10 years ago when he was living in Toronto to sort some things out with VAG-COM, but I was assuming his car was now on the other side of the continent, where he was working last I heard. He did just join the forum (and coincidentally got a very appropriate user number), so maybe he wants to chime in?

I'm not sure yet on the logs or what (if anything) else we're going to need.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he moved back a couple months ago. I can't keep track though. The guy is in a different country every time he posts.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe, Jason:

I retired at the end of 2013 and moved back to Toronto. I had had enough of the travel associated with my work (on average, about 55 different countries each year, and only 2 months in Canada each year). But, every summer I go to Switzerland to ride my motorcycle around - I keep the moto in Europe. This year I will be going to CH about May 15, likely not returning until early July. So, if it would be helpful to you to have the Phaeton during that period, I can drive it down to the Ross-Tech office and leave it there, and just take the bus (or some regional airline) back home.

Michael

10. Likes jyoung8607, Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi Michael,

It's been a while! Your offer is very generous, but I'm hoping we have this sorted out before then.

BTW: Riding the moto around Europe for a month or two -- I can think of worse ways to spend one's retirement!

-Uwe-