Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Autoscan hangs and 14.2.3 won't connect

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Autoscan hangs and 14.2.3 won't connect

It seems as if every time I try to use the HexNet for something real (not just testing) it doesn't work!

I needed it today for a coolant code. Initially had some difficulties connecting so I updated the firmware and then updated to VCDS 14.2.3. The Windows software won't work at all, with a USB connection it finds the interface but says the CAN isn't responding, but will intermittently show some controllers before hanging. With a NET connection, it can't find the interface at all. Running autoscan from either the Android app or the HTTP interface, it'll get to the third or fourth controller then hang. It did connect long enough (after several attempts) to clear the ODBII code, but that was also intermittent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Is this still the Acer Aspire One and the 2004 Phaeton V8?

A 2004 Phaeton does not use CAN for diagnostics. I would fully expect VCDS to report "CAN not ready".

I do believe the HEX-NET still has some issues with K-Line cars. We should have a car at the office next week on which some of that can be reproduced.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So it's not compatible at all with the Phaeton? Should it work with the cable?
    Last edited by invisiblewave; 03-30-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I didn't say it isn't compatible. The HEX-NET does support K-Lines, but I believe there's still an issue that needs to be resolved.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I updated to the latest firmware that said it fixed the hanging problem, but it stops on Controller 6, passenger seat memory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblewave View Post
    I updated to the latest firmware that said it fixed the hanging problem, but it stops on Controller 6, passenger seat memory.
    I had the same issue on a 2006 Touareg, autoscan stopped on 06 twice. I was in a hurry so just grabbed the HEX-CAN to complete the autoscan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Can you guys access the 06 module in those cars manually?

And how/where exactly does 'hang'?

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it doesn't get a response from the controller. Most controllers don't respond on the Phaeton. On the autoscan, it hangs for a while then looks as if it's continuing, but the scan itself only shows controllers up to the first one it couldn't reach.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slight improvement with the latest versions of the firmware & VCDS, but it still won't scan a Phaeton.

On start, VCDS doesn't find the HEX-NET automatically, I have to enter a fixed IP address.
    When trying autoscan, the early Phaeton doesn't appear in the chassis list. To find it, I have to back out and go into a single controller. On return to autoscan, Phaeton 2002-2006 is then present.
    Autoscan still doesn't complete. It scans the first two controllers then has a communication failure on everything from controller 5 onwards. It no longer hangs, it runs very slowly but eventually reports the comms failure (the lack of hanging up completely is the improvement!).
    Using the browser interface, it scans only the first controller successfully.
    Still only works in infrastructure mode with my Acer Aspire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Curious: Did you try the HEX-NET via USB?

-Uwe-