Thread: NOOB question.... trying to update mobile firmware

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

NOOB question.... trying to update mobile firmware

sorry for what is probably the most basic question here for most.... but i am having an issue updating the firmware. I am connected to the VCDS through my iPad, but it will not update as there is no internet connection. My ipad is using the wifi put out from the hex-net so it doesnt have internet. I am assuming that i have to set up a different profile to get this working correctly? I have only used the item a couple time so far and both times have been with the supplied usb cable with my laptop and the laptop connecting to various wifi signals.

Any help would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The HEX-NET needs internet access in order to update itself, so you must put the HEX-NET in infrastructure mode in order to update it. Please see the video here.

-Uwe-

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to put the HEX-NET in infrastructure mode so it has internet access.
    It can connect to you home WiFi - I usually do my updates at my desk, or to a hotspot from your iPad/iPhone/etc.

Use the WiFi Configuration Utility or,
    in VCDS Mobile click Options -> Network Options. Then click an unused profile and Advanced Profile Config.

See also:

Edit: bah! Uwe beat me to it

2012 A8L 4.2 Oolong/Titanium. Premium, LED, Driver assist, Rear seat comfort, Dual pane, Alcantara, Panorama

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also note, the HEX-NET does not need to be plugged into a car to update. You can power the HEX-NET over usb through a computer or cell phone wall adapter.

5. Likes jakematic liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all.

I have the java config app on my desktop. i do power it from the wall to gain access and not have to be in car. I have set up in infrastructure mode... my issue was i was not hitting refresh and getting the new IP address. I was still using the default 192.168.0.1 to try and access it and couldnt get it to work. problem solved.

7. Likes Santos, Dana, Uwe liked this post