Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with ASAM update with Hex-net

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    I switched your interface to the alpha channel, so that you can get a newer, testing dataset with updated rod files. Please check for updates with VCIConfig to download this new dataset, then try the autoscan again, and then you may be prompted to download the missing rods after that.
    Last edited by Shaun; 03-16-2020 at 07:22 PM.

2. Likes Uwe, gawied, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did update, everything went ok, then a scan with VCDS mobile, same ASAM dataset request, this time did the update, it worked and next scan was all ok, everything had their ASAM files. This from the Auto-scan, if I go to a previously problematic individual module, it still gives the dataset error when I try to get in, tries to find it on the server, and gives an error or redir something something. Also VIN is at zeros again on the auto-scan, but otherwise it's working well.
    Thanks for the help, appreciated.

4. Likes Uwe, gawied liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CF.T View Post
    Did update, everything went ok, then a scan with VCDS mobile, same ASAM dataset request, this time did the update, it worked and next scan was all ok, everything had their ASAM files. This from the Auto-scan, if I go to a previously problematic individual module, it still gives the dataset error when I try to get in, tries to find it on the server, and gives an error or redir something something. Also VIN is at zeros again on the auto-scan, but otherwise it's working well.
    Thanks for the help, appreciated.
    I don't know if this helps anyone in the RT technical department but I had the same problem as the OP with VCDS-Mobile on my 2015 facelifted Tiguan. It seemed like the HEX-NET read the VIN the first time in any session but when it failed to download the missing ASAM, it lost some of the things it had discovered. It also seemed to get stuck in a loop trying to download files and failing and gradually got worse and worse until it stopped responding all together. If I turned everything off, unplugged it and started again it would come back to how it was at the start of the last session.

When using VCDS on a laptop everything worked fine. Didn't matter if I was connected with a USB cable or using Wi-Fi so the issue seems to be somewhere in the coding for VCDS-mobile.
    Last edited by technodevotee; 03-31-2020 at 01:31 AM.

6. Likes Uwe, gawied liked this post