Door lock

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
I have 2 genuine keys for my S3 8p 2009 but 1 key allows me to lock / unlock doors when inserted in door , but the other doesn't allow me to lock / unlock doors but both allow locking / unlocking on fob , now i thought it could be the door lock but why would 1 key be allowed to lock / unlock door and other not .
Any help advice eould be helpful thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So you're saying one key turns in the door locks but the other doesn't?
Sounds like a mechanical problem with one of the keys.
Is it the same in both doors?
How about the ignition?

-Uwe-

PS: This doesn't belong in Product Support. Moving to General VW/Audi repair for now.

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
Yes uwe i am saying only one off the keys will lock / unlock door when inserted in door lock but both lock / unlock on key fob . Both work fine in ignition ( start car ) people have mentioned door acutator or micro switch but what goes over my head is if one key opens mechanism in door why wouldn't the other or canit be they are indepent off each other . Any advice appreciated

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
have got to the bottom off the lock problem it looks like one key has more ware on it as it has been used more in the ingnition barrel . Only found this after i turned the key upside fown and it worked fine .

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So a mechanical problem with one of the keys, eh? :D

-Uwe-

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
Kinda , just that 1 side off the key has worn down more than the other side , it looks like i have been putting that key into ignition barrel upside down . Very strange i do have pics if you want to see what i mean as pics dhow it better than me trying to explain in words

Back