Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Audi S3 8v facelift 2017 LED headlights problem

  1. #21
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    So a bit of an update, I logged onto partlink24 to see what part number it had for my lights and it came up with a different part number. the part number on partlink24 was 8V0941773C and 8V0941772C for the otherwise, the parts that I have fitted is 8V0941733D and 8V0941734D. on the original bit of the part number that I used, I couldn't quite work out the last 2 numbers. all the other modules are correct just the lights are different. Do you think this could be my issue and is there a way to retrofit the correct ballast to resolve this?

  2. #22
    Verified VCDS User DV52's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauls13 View Post
    So a bit of an update, I logged onto partlink24 to see what part number it had for my lights and it came up with a different part number. the part number on partlink24 was 8V0941773C and 8V0941772C for the otherwise, the parts that I have fitted is 8V0941733D and 8V0941734D. on the original bit of the part number that I used, I couldn't quite work out the last 2 numbers. all the other modules are correct just the lights are different. Do you think this could be my issue and is there a way to retrofit the correct ballast to resolve this?
    Paul: hmm........without intending any offense - allow me to answer your question in the following manner:

    from my very first reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Are you certain that the replacement headlamp fittings are compatible with the car?
    Don
    ..... and from my last reply:
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    I assume that the actual headlight fittings are exactly the same
    Don
    Alas - I don't have access to detailed P/N information to comment on the differences between the various headlight assemblies in your post. If no one else here responds - perhaps a trip to the spare parts department of your friendly Audi dealer might shed further light (pun intended) on your question?

    Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

  3. #23
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Audi have always used 2 different part numbers for their headlights. The part number on the actual lamp assembly is always different to the one listed on ETKA. It does gon in when you enter it but only under a different search function.
    Going back to basics can you post a picture up your lamp assembly showing the part number and the same for your new one you have fitted. Possibly we can then help with whether its a same unit or a superceded one or a different one.
    Some people think that a later letter on the same part number is simply an updated part but its not always the case and is sometimes an exact same part but only for a certain MY.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

  4. Likes Uwe, Fredrick Awuor liked this post
  5. #24
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Paul: hmm........without intending any offense - allow me to answer your question in the following manner:

    from my very first reply:


    ..... and from my last reply:


    Alas - I don't have access to detailed P/N information to comment on the differences between the various headlight assemblies in your post. If no one else here responds - perhaps a trip to the spare parts department of your friendly Audi dealer might shed further light (pun intended) on your question?

    Don
    Hi Don, am pretty thick skin and don't offend easily so no probs. The headlight fittings all fit perfectly, in regards the part number, that's the only thing that I am not certain about after seeing what part number for my car is listed as in partslink24

  6. #25
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    Audi have always used 2 different part numbers for their headlights. The part number on the actual lamp assembly is always different to the one listed on ETKA. It does gon in when you enter it but only under a different search function.
    Going back to basics can you post a picture up your lamp assembly showing the part number and the same for your new one you have fitted. Possibly we can then help with whether its a same unit or a superceded one or a different one.
    Some people think that a later letter on the same part number is simply an updated part but its not always the case and is sometimes an exact same part but only for a certain MY.
    so this is what was left of the old headlight part number

    Last edited by pauls13; 03-28-2020 at 03:29 PM. Reason: IMG -> URL

  7. #26
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    And here is what I have fiited


    Last edited by pauls13; 03-28-2020 at 03:32 PM. Reason: IMG -> URL

  8. #27
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried posting some pictures but they don't seem to have appeared

  9. #28
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope... absolutely nothing... so far
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

  10. #29
    Benevolent Dictator Uwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    27,812
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    That's because you're not embedding links to actual image files, but rather links to Flicker and Imgur web pages.

    An image file will generally end in .JPG, .PNG, or .GIF. On an Imgur page, right-click the image and copy the actual image link or location, them embed that between IMG tags, like this:




    -Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

  11. #30
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    That's because you're not embedding links to actual image files, but rather links to Flicker and Imgur web pages.

    An image file will generally end in .JPG, .PNG, or .GIF. On an Imgur page, right-click the image and copy the actual image link or location, them embed that between IMG tags, like this:



    -Uwe-
    Thanks Uwe

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •