No adaption allowed

sherlock

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78933
Hi, ive got a issue with my current vcds hex-usb+can lead i think, my problem is ive tried connecting to a build week 8 2020 skoda superb to attempt a few mods and everytime it runs the program 19.6.2 it will go through its normal auto scan routine (same happens if i do a manual scan of any controller) but when i attempt to go into adaption it says new can interface update required, this happens on any module on the car 01 engine 03 brakes 09 central electrics etc, the strange thing is it will read faults and clear any faults, only thing i have thought is the car too new? can any of you helpful chaps please help. Many thanks Phil.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Phil: trust your intuition - it's correct!! If you have invested a substantial quantity of dollars in the new car (congratulations on the purchase), then match the new technology with one of the newer HEX series cables/dongles. The pricing folk @ RT have rewarded loyal users that have the older style cables with a discounted upgrade price - see Interface Upgrade Program

Don

EDIT: oops TBAx - great minds think alike (let's not entertain the other part of that adage!!;))

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Hi Phil, unfortunately your HEX-USB-CAN is considered to old and deemed unsafe for changing stuff in a MY 2019 car or anything newer.

There is no other way than upgrading your interface to a current generation HEX-V2 or HEX-NET.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
sherlock, please contact Derek @ ilexa; they're the folks you got your HEX+CAN cable from in 2009. They also offer an upgrade program.

-Uwe-

sherlock

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=78933
sherlock, please contact Derek @ ilexa; they're the folks you got your HEX+CAN cable from in 2009. They also offer an upgrade program.

-Uwe-

yes thanks, spoke to ilexa and they are saying its too old and unsafe, so i am looking at a unlinited vin cable from them, thanks for your reply.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
If all else fails then sell your HEX-CAN on eBay, I sold my old HEX-USB+CAN recently (don't really know why I kept it as I've had a HEX-NET for several years) for a good amount as people will pay more for a genuine lead than a rip-off one.

Reactions: Uwe
Back