Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus COVID-19 and the effect for Ross-Tech

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely correlates Don does it not?

Fear is always more powerful short term, than greed too, that's why so much false hope is had & when the masses see buy to cover as a rally!

VERY VERY dumb....?

Don't trade with margins, right?
    Don't sit idle in a corner long position jerking off either unless that's your game?

I bought a car from the black pool, with the black swan and it's black on black & it gets down!
    Fitting huh?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 03-16-2020 at 06:59 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm one of those stockpiling essentials...

I ordered 9L (nearly 2.5 US gallons?) of various whiskeys online, should arrive tomorrow. It's like hand sanitizer, but for your insides

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post

And.... the thing about the death numbers is no one is identifying how many of these are related to an underlying cause other than the virus. So to assign a death (unfortunate as this is) to the virus, simply because the person had caught the virus is a tad harsh (I think)
    Check this out:

https://informationisbeautiful.net/v...phic-datapack/

One of the slides:

Obviously it's not comprehensive, but it's an idea - it's good to see ALL the slides as the study was performed in Wuhan, and mentioned the poor lung health and high rate of smoking.

It's on the internet, so it must be true, anyway.
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

3. Likes Santos, DV52, Adam, D-Dub, Jetta ,97, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^Allan: you're-da-man, excellent information -go immediately to the top of the class!! The most pertinent slide (for me) is the last one: I watch the news services and I constantly note how the virus has become simple "product" for the media

Sure these outlets play an important role as information providers to us, the great unwashed masses -but the deluge of virus reports seldom appear to be measured and proportionate!

Perhaps the real virus here is the brain-worm that's spread subliminally over the media airways: perhaps the real threat from the virus is nothing more than modern society's propensity to be the mendicant of the media? Shirley not - have we managed to reach the 21st century only to realize that we ne3ed the media to do our thinking for us?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

5. Likes PetrolDave, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amusing...

The media is freaking people out. Influenza is still more likely to take people out, if you're playing a numbers game!
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

7. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDubNurd View Post
    The media is freaking people out. Influenza is still more likely to take people out, if you're playing a numbers game!
    I totally agree.

An example from the BBC lunchtime news today - they ran aerial footage of one of the bridges in London over the River Thames which showed one taxi, one bicycle and some pedestrians. This was supposed to show how little traffic there was in central London, BUT other reports say that while the London Underground trains were almost deserted traffic on the roads was normal.

So what's the story behind the almost traffic free bridge? ..... it is closed to traffic (except taxis, bicycles and pedestrians) for several months for major repairs!!!!

So the BBC were deliberately broadcasting misinformation calculated to scare viewers This is another example of why the BBC cannot be trusted to be impartial or accurate.

9. Likes NZDubNurd, Bruce, D-Dub, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    charter, not falling for the panic, or just plain evil ?

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ring-pandemic/

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post

Glad that I serve at Ross-Tech and in support of Uwe Ross. Uwe puts our people ahead of whatever drove Rutledge to ignore the CDC for the 15,000 employees who could have worked from home.. Bet others could have had reduced hours too..

With the fear of being labeled a "suck up", all I can say is, "Thanks for doing the right thing boss!"

12. Likes Uwe, Boki Ar, jyoung8607, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
    I lean toward the latter.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^Uwe: hmm.......I suspect not!

Whilst I agree entirely that the Charter CEO's directive was wrong, I'm minded that we should cut Mr Rutledge some slack because he is saddled with the same disability that infects us both: he is an engineer - and as a consequence, he will see the world in black-and-white!!

It must be hard being both an engineer and a CEO because in the latter role, staff (and society in general) expects that he will be empathetic - which simply does-not-compute !!

Perhaps this example is nothing more than a classic case of the "Peter principle" in action?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

15. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........