Thread: New User -Some Puzzles

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

New User -Some Puzzles

I believe that my device is registered as it functions in the car and the Ross Tech files have loaded OK and save data as requested. I bought it from a reseller and followed the menu steps. The car is 2015 Audi S3
    Two questions.
    1) When I first connect the VCDS cable to car & laptop I get a message something like " 12 connections remain before registration is required" I do not use log in function on the initial screen. What does it mean? I think that my device is registered. Do I need to do something about this?
    2) Can I view the Adv. Meas. Blocks list on my laptop if the cable is not connected to car but connected to the laptop and the internet? Can I make selections for future use with the above connection?
    Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morris39 View Post
    1) When I first connect the VCDS cable to car & laptop I get a message something like " 12 connections remain before registration is required" I do not use log in function on the initial screen. What does it mean? I think that my device is registered. Do I need to do something about this?
    Activation of the license and registration for support are different things.
    If you bought via a reseller you will have to register still:
    - HEX-V2 instructions
    - HEX-NET instructions

Quote Originally Posted by morris39 View Post
    2) Can I view the Adv. Meas. Blocks list on my laptop if the cable is not connected to car but connected to the laptop and the internet? Can I make selections for future use with the above connection?
    Thanks in advance.
    No, without being connected to the car VCDS won't be able to pull a list of available pids.
    Apparently I should put something witty or profound in here.....

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks like this system (a HEX-V2) was purchased from one of our Canadian distributors and registered, but the registration was never finalized using the Transaction ID we e-mailed to the customer on March 2nd. So that still needs to be done.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I redid the registration page and the config page says that my device is registered. I believe that I tried this procedure correctly before, will see how it works the next time I connect to the car.
    BTW I had trouble on the both the Test and Config pages and had to redo them 2 X. At first the device was not recognized. Bugs somewhere, but where?
    BTW2 Your language/phrasing is very clear. I am guessing that English is not your first language and so you have learned to be precise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looks like it's Finalized now.

English is not my first language. I didn't speak a word of it when I got transplanted to the USA at age 7-1/2. However, it has been my primary language for 50-some years now, and my German has become somewhat rusty.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny