New User -Some Puzzles

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
I believe that my device is registered as it functions in the car and the Ross Tech files have loaded OK and save data as requested. I bought it from a reseller and followed the menu steps. The car is 2015 Audi S3
Two questions.
1) When I first connect the VCDS cable to car & laptop I get a message something like " 12 connections remain before registration is required" I do not use log in function on the initial screen. What does it mean? I think that my device is registered. Do I need to do something about this?
2) Can I view the Adv. Meas. Blocks list on my laptop if the cable is not connected to car but connected to the laptop and the internet? Can I make selections for future use with the above connection?
Thanks in advance.

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
1) When I first connect the VCDS cable to car & laptop I get a message something like " 12 connections remain before registration is required" I do not use log in function on the initial screen. What does it mean? I think that my device is registered. Do I need to do something about this?
Activation of the license and registration for support are different things.
If you bought via a reseller you will have to register still:
- HEX-V2 instructions
- HEX-NET instructions

2) Can I view the Adv. Meas. Blocks list on my laptop if the cable is not connected to car but connected to the laptop and the internet? Can I make selections for future use with the above connection?
Thanks in advance.
No, without being connected to the car VCDS won't be able to pull a list of available pids.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Looks like this system (a HEX-V2) was purchased from one of our Canadian distributors and registered, but the registration was never finalized using the Transaction ID we e-mailed to the customer on March 2nd. So that still needs to be done. :)

-Uwe-

morris39

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=395084
Thanks. I redid the registration page and the config page says that my device is registered. I believe that I tried this procedure correctly before, will see how it works the next time I connect to the car.
BTW I had trouble on the both the Test and Config pages and had to redo them 2 X. At first the device was not recognized. Bugs somewhere, but where?
BTW2 Your language/phrasing is very clear. I am guessing that English is not your first language and so you have learned to be precise.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Looks like it's Finalized now. :thumbs:

English is not my first language. I didn't speak a word of it when I got transplanted to the USA at age 7-1/2. However, it has been my primary language for 50-some years now, and my German has become somewhat rusty.

-Uwe-

Back