Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 VW GOLF MK7 Sensor for Automatic Distance Regulation FAULT

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Does it really? On mine it doesn’t. Not on 2013 Leon with round radar and not on 2017 Tiguan with flat radar. If I disable front assist, also cruise stops functioning and does not activate.

Same discussion was in finnish VW forum. Someone there claimed the same thing but when asked for proof the person disappeared like fart in Sahara.
    I’m sure it did - I remember the fright my wife got when she nearly ran up the back of a car when the CC didn’t back off speed and the ear bashing I got because of ‘fiddling’ with her car!
    However, I will take it for a drive tomorrow and recheck, as I never turned it off again (why would you!?!) I may be mistaken, but I won’t forget that ear bashing in a long time

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Does it really? On mine it doesn’t. Not on 2013 Leon with round radar and not on 2017 Tiguan with flat radar. If I disable front assist, also cruise stops functioning and does not activate.
    Nor on my 2015 Skoda Octavia with flat radar. Disabling front assist also disables ACC.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it today. If you disable front assist from the menu, it allows you to activate cruise but it’s still ACC. I tested that. Car brakes if the car in front brakes.
    People, front assist and ACC are different things. Front assist is like it says, assist system and ACC is active cruise. Both use same radar but for different purpose.

If you get front assist disabled by something blocking the radar it just says ACC Unavailable if you try to activate cruise.

And this is on Tiguan with flat radar.

With round radar if you disable front assist, it does not allow you to enable cruise either.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I’ll eat humble pie as I was incorrect. Tried my wife’s MK7 and turned front assist off and activated cruise control - it is still Active. I’m sorry for any misinformation I may have given.

Back to OP tho, I would go to many lengths to fix the ACC fault as it is awesome ��

5. Likes downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    iirc Autoglass charge 250+vat to do an alignment and Audi charge 200+vat. There are others out there who might have the Hella system or Autel ADAS who can do it cheaper but worth ringing around.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

7. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post