Turn Indicator, brake and fog light always on. (3B Passat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascal

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208672
Hey guys, When I bought my car, I scanned her with vcds- it brought up a brake light switch fault... My right brake light is always on- not that big an issue I thought! But now my right Indicators(not flashing) are always on with right indicator dash light on (not flashing), also the rear fog light(left installed only Im told) doing the same. Then when I indicate right they blink very slowly along with the bleep that sounds when reverse is engaged. Wild weird! I've tried flicking my lights on and off and switching the car on and off, but it remains. I scanned again there now, the brake light fault is not coming up now.
Would the brake light switches that were recalled have anything to do with this? or a plenum drain issue- I checked mine, no water but the rubber bung is gone.
Pascal

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm going to assume this is a 3B Passat?

The status of the brake-light switch is monitored in order to do stuff like shut down the cruise control should you apply the brakes, but the lights themselves are not computer-controlled. This means the car itself cannot possibly know why those lights are misbehaving and VCDS can only tell you what the car knows.

-Uwe-

pascal

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208672
Thanks Uwe, Yes 3B. turns out the previous owner installed the right break/side light bulb incorrectly. I really should have checked that first! All seems well now. Hopefully this sorts it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back