Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi A3 2.0 TFSI DSG - Basic Settings

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You could get a J2534 pass through tool, purchase a subscription to the VAG ODIS software, and jump through any hoops VAG requires to have you do the flash through your tool.

Do note, a proper J2534 pass through tool is not inexpensive. The subscription to ODIS at one time was reasonable and could be had for just a few days. Not sure that VAG still offers the short term subscription.

There is no other way to flash other than going to the dealer to the best of our knowledge. VAG keeps their flashes in their own systems and no other party is permitted to distribute them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure ODIS will allow willy-nilly changing of the software in a Mechatronic.

I would suppose there are aftermarket solutions for flashing them, but I'm not familiar with them.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick question, does anyone know here: If I purchased a gearbox from an identical car, same year, same engine etc etc, will the new DSG gearbox work perfectly fine in it's new location or will this once again need programming/flashing?
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    On the 8P chassis A3, I think you can.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cos140 View Post
    If I purchased a gearbox from an identical car, same year, same engine etc etc
    My understanding is that only the gearbox code that matters (such as KCZ, KNC, MSY, etc). They would come stock with matching firmware to be Plug & Play.

What I mean is that you can get one from a MK5 or MK6 Golf, or Audi TT with the same gearbox code whenever you are searching.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    I'm not sure ODIS will allow willy-nilly changing of the software in a Mechatronic.
    My clone copy of ODIS and AVDI does, but will give you a warning of a hardware mismatch and the usual warning about bricking if one proceeds. Proceeding just the same initiates, and completes the flash in the 2 cases I've tried it on. What I noticed is that the software version is updated, but the hardware version stays the same as it was before.