Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IE11 won't show this forum now RC4 problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry but Windows 10 is the worst OP. Even Windows 10 has IE11 if M$ don't support it as IE is the only web browser M$ make.

When M$ were pushing every one to to get the free update I tried it before I did a rebuild, total crap things wouldn't work as they used to. So I put back Windows 7 as everything works as I want it too.

As I've said I use Firefox as a backup web browser and that is crap.
    New User Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    Even Windows 10 has IE11 if M$ don't support it as IE is the only web browser M$ make.
    That is so not true, M$ are moving away from IE to Edge (which is now Chromium based), IE will be removed from later updates to W10.

You can get Edge for Windows 7, 8 & 10 as well as macOS, iOS and Android - see https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    When M$ were pushing every one to to get the free update I tried it before I did a rebuild, total crap things wouldn't work as they used to.
    The original free update to Win10 was about 6 versions ago - a lot has changed since then.
    But just because things don't work "as they used to" doesn't mean it's worse.
    Apparently I should put something witty or profound in here.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Gendan View Post
    The original free update to Win10 was about 6 versions ago
    The free upgrade to W10 still works, in January 2020 I upgraded SWMBO's PC from W7 Ultimate to W10 Pro build 1909 without it costing a penny/cent.

See https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-...ws-10-upgrade/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was very much in the "Windows 7 for ever" and "I'll never switch to Windows 10" camp until the end of last year.

But it is bloody irresponsible to use an OS that isn't being updated on-line, so knowing that support would end in January, I switched late last year.

Windows 10 can be made to work, look, and feel a whole lot like Windows 7 did if you want to. Yes, it takes some effort. Use something like Open Shell (free) or Start 10 ($5) to replace the abomination that is the native Windows 10 start menu.

In Windows 10 Pro (but not Home), you can also use the Group Policy Editor to make Updates work more like Windows 7. I have my machines set to automatically download updates, but they need my explicit permission to install them. There are numerous how-to articles regarding this.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

6. Likes PetrolDave liked this post