Thread: 2018 Lamborghini Aventador with MagnaRide

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

2018 Lamborghini Aventador with MagnaRide

I have been asked to look at this car. 3 of the 4 Magnaride Shocks were faulty so they have replaced them with conventional ones so the warning light is now displayed on the dash.

I have tried going int the Gateway installation list and unchecked 14 - Suspension Electrics however that does not remove the warning.

I have also tried various resistors n the plug hoping to promote some change to no avail.

Can anyone help me with this ?

Many thanks as always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Auto-Scan?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

3. Likes DrPeter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I would strongly recommend to fix these vehicles correctly and not try to modify or code out anything that has to do with safety or performance, the Lamborghini Aventador is a precision instrument on (very expensive) wheels.

Every aspect of the vehicle's design, function and safety has be integrated into the vehicle as a whole. Remove or change one small thing and this balance could be upset, resulting unintended consequence that could lead to damage, personal injury or worse.

Unless these modifications came from Lamborghini, I would be careful, just saying..

With that said, Lamborghini has a website for "Lamborghini Service Information" and I agree a "Complete vehicle Auto-Scan" would be helpful to see what is going on with the "whole vehicle".

Hope this helps,

drpeter

5. Likes Uwe, D-Dub, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know if it helps but we did similar on a few late model Audis and needed to remove the MRC from Gateway, Central Electronics, Convenience, ABS, Headlight control and Instruments. Will still leave some errors that show up on scans (uncoded/unregistered control module) but no lights or warning chimes.
    YMMV
    Regards
    Dan

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rollux, thanks for that insight, will try that.

Guys, I don't have the auto scan to hand but can get one, still a live job, it will only show 3 faults for the 3 shocks as OPEN CIRCUIT - because they are not plugged in.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sheldon View Post
    Guys, I don't have the auto scan to hand but can get one, still a live job, it will only show 3 faults for the 3 shocks as OPEN CIRCUIT - because they are not plugged in.
    Did someone really only replace three out of four shocks?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

9. Likes PetrolDave, darkchina811, Rollux liked this post