T5.1 abs lighter after cluster swap

Dleifne

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am a very new user trying to resolve a problem left by a garage who were supposed to do a cluster swap for me.
They managed to swap the clusters and get the van running by programming the keys but have left me with an abs light on. The errors are to do with the acceleration sensors, brake pressure sensor and say no or incorrect. ASIC setting
I have looked in the basic settings of the module and the following groups are not available; 060 (G85), 063 (G200), 066 (G201), 069 (G251)

Hoping someone can help me as this garage have really left me in a right mess. The mfd isn’t even working as they never added the additional wires required 🙁

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
We'll need to see a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan as the ABS coding and what procedures are needed after coding is dependent on how the vehicle is configured, the VIN, etc.

Reactions: Uwe

Dleifne

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Hi PetrolDave, Thank you for your reply. I am hoping this is what was required, it was the information that was saved the first time I logged in.....

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dleifne

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Getting help in this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system.

They are available directly from us:
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php#uk

Let us know if/when you get one and we'll adjust your forum status.

-Uwe-

Uwe, I am so sorry I didn't realise it was not a legitimate item as I borrowed it from a friend.
I will purchase a copy myself and then come back to the forum.
I genuinely had no idea.... could this be why he told me not to connect his laptop to the internet?
Can anyone advise if the software will run on a MacBook as I don't have a windows laptop. If not then I can buy one to use it with, like I said I am very new to this and have kind of been dropped in this situation by a rogue garage who promised the earth, delivered not much and still demanded full payment.

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
could this be why he told me not to connect his laptop to the internet?
Yep...

Can anyone advise if the software will run on a MacBook as I don't have a windows laptop.
VCDS won't run directly on Mac OS, but any Mac can boot Windows via Boot Camp. Some people are also using Windows in a VM like Virtual Box or Parallels, but this isn't "supported" per se (meaning we can't help you to get it working).

If it was me, I'd get a cheap, dedicated Windows machine for this; one that won't make you cry if you happen to drop it on your garage floor.

Now all that said, buying VCDS does not guarantee being able to fix whatever is ailing your van after that cluster swap.

-Uwe-

Back