lanceborg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247830
Hi,

I have a 2011 Jetta TDI Sportwagon with 145000 miles,

The car still runs but has a definite power loss. I am wondering if one of these problems is causing the others and would appreciate any help I can get. Please let me know if anyone has questions.

Thanks
Lance

The lights on the dash are:

DPF Diesel Particulate Filter warning light
Glow Plug Warning Light is flashing (sometimes slow and sometimes fast)
Engine Emissions warning light

My VAG-COM cable was stolen so I had to go to auto zone for a scan. This is the identical scan results they gave me. Dont know why they repeat but this is what I got.

P2BA6
P048E Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Position Sensor/Switch Circuit High
P0475 Exhaust Pressure Control Valve
P0141 O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
P247A Exhaust Gas Temperature Out of Range (B1S3)
P2458 Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Duration
P2463 Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation
P2BA6
P247A Exhaust Gas Temperature Out of Range (B1S3)
P2458 Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration Duration
P2463 Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation
P2BA6

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yeah, a plugged DPF can definitely cause a power loss.

Have you reported the theft of your cable to our Sales department?

-Uwe-

lanceborg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247830
Yes I have. The first time was a few years ago and also just recently. I was originally hoping to at least block it from being used but both times I was told there was nothing to be done. When I called a few days ago I was told the only thing they could do was tell me the last time it was updated which didn't help me at all but thanks for asking.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes I have. The first time was a few years ago and also just recently. I was originally hoping to at least block it from being used but both times I was told there was nothing to be done. When I called a few days ago I was told the only thing they could do was tell me the last time it was updated which didn't help me at all but thanks for asking.
OK, I found a record of a phone call. I think you may have misinterpreted what was said. E-mail sales please.

-Uwe-

lanceborg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247830
I will thank you

lanceborg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247830
if you mean the VW emissions scandal modification then yes. I have not done anything other than that. Any ideas?

lanceborg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247830
Hi,
I appreciate your offer for the replacement cable. The sales dept. told me the only cable that I can apply the $100 discount towards is the $249 version that comes with a license for use on 3 cars. The issue I am having is that I only have one car and was hoping to apply the $100 toward the one license selection which would get me a replacement for $100. Any Possibility? I only ask cause I do not have the finances or the use for anything more than a single car license. Thank You

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I appreciate your offer for the replacement cable. The sales dept. told me the only cable that I can apply the $100 discount towards is the $249 version that comes with a license for use on 3 cars. The issue I am having is that I only have one car and was hoping to apply the $100 toward the one license selection which would get me a replacement for $100. Any Possibility? I only ask cause I do not have the finances or the use for anything more than a single car license. Thank You
They told you wrong. You can get a 3-VIN replacement for $149.

-Uwe-

lanceborg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247830
Yes the issue is that I am a student with limited finances and only have one car. I do not need a 3 vin, only one. In addition to that you are selling the 3 Vin for $199 and you are offering me $100 discount which should make it $99 not $149. $149 is a $50 discount which is still appreciated because you are not obligated to do anything. I just cannot afford the extra $50 bucks.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yes the issue is that I am a student with limited finances and only have one car. I do not need a 3 vin, only one. In addition to that you are selling the 3 Vin for $199 and you are offering me $100 discount which should make it $99 not $149. $149 is a $50 discount which is still appreciated because you are not obligated to do anything. I just cannot afford the extra $50 bucks.

Did you know that "useful life warranty" and warranty extensions cover "tools purchased" or money spent to diagnose an MIL?

Did you JPPSG yet the entire thread?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...essional-Problem-Solver-Guide-quot-JPPSG-quot

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...uot-JPPSG-quot&p=156577&viewfull=1#post156577

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=35121&flag=1

Cost of Diagnostics:

EPA has received several reports from vehicle owners stating that they were charged forthe cost of diagnostics for a warranty claim.
The regulations of 40 CFR §85.2106(g) state:
“The vehicle manufacturer shall incur allcosts associated with a determination that an emission performance warranty claim isvalid.” This means the owner cannot be charged a diagnostic fee related to a validwarranty claim

Warranty Enforcement:

EPA would like to remind manufacturers that failing or refusing to comply with the termsand conditions of the emissions warranties is a prohibited act under §203(a)(4)(D) of theClean Air Act and may be subject to a civil penalty of to up $37,500 for each offense.Acts constituting such a failure or refusal shall include, but are not limited to, thefollowing:
(1) Failure to honor a valid warranty claim,
(2) Performance of a warranty repair in a manner which cannot reasonably beexpected to allow the vehicle to meet applicable emission standards for theremainder of its useful life
(3) Failure of a manufacturer to reimburse a dealer or other designated agent forperformance of a warranty repair
(4) Charging the vehicle owner for any portion of a valid warranty claim includingany related diagnostic fee.
(5) Failure of a manufacturer to supply a part necessary to perform a warranty repairwithin a reasonable period, unless such failure is for a reason not attributable tothe vehicle manufacturer or the warranty repair facility (for a performancewarranty claim, a manufacturer generally must supply a part necessary to performa warranty repair within 30 days (40 CFR §85.2111(b)(4)).

EPA would also like to remind manufacturers that if a warranty claim is denied, an ownercan request a written explanation of the basis upon which the claim is being denied. For aperformance warranty claim, failure to notify an owner within 30 days (unless the delayis attributable to the vehicle owner or events which are beyond the control of the vehiclemanufacturer or the repair facility) shall result in the vehicle manufacturer beingresponsible for repairing the warranted items free of charge to the vehicle owner.

Back