Advanced Measuring Values

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Is there no way to dump the list of available measuring values and locations to a text file so it can be reviewed while not in the car with the ignition on?
Yes, with a current interface you can make maps using Controller Channel Map function found in Applications.

Sorry, another wonder about Adv Meas Values. For a UDS engine module, do the descriptions presented come from the engine module, or from Ross-Tech? Ie, if I find a description confusing, are we all in the same boat of "who knows what the Audi eng was thinking", or would it be a question to Ross-Tech about why they used the text presented?
The descriptions come from VAG and/or their control module suppliers.

-Uwe-

Brian422

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=301473
Ross Tech has included several helpful profiles as well.

Enjoy.

Please could someone help locate these files?
The only ones available are those I've written.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Those are located in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Scaling by default. If you have VCDS installed in another location you'd need to check that folder.

Reactions: Uwe

Brian422

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=301473
Thank you for your advice.
Found files in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Scaling; files do not appear to be available as suggested at the end of Jef's thread #1.
Assume First number = Group and Second number = Block Number ... certainly much easier than my method of entering each location.
Also enables interpretation and relationship to Advance Measuring Values examples available on YouTube.
Regards and Thanks
Brian.

Adamantos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=381987
Is there any way to add more than 12 values to measure? and why is there this limitation?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Is there any way to add more than 12 values to measure? and why is there this limitation?
No, there isn't.

The limitation is in part due to the code that was originally written to support three groups measuring blocks, each of which consisted of four items and increasing it was not deemed terribly useful due to the the fact that that the sample rate would drop further the more items are being read.

-Uwe-

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
One option, is to use [Controller Channel Map] in [Applications].
You get all measurement values in a log file.

spot2000

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427176
Do I understand it correctly, That when VCDS connects to a car with a controller that support UDS, the car can tell VCDS what measuring values that are possible to read out, the scaling and the units for the data (bar, deg C, rpm etc) Is that correct? Or is that information inside files in VCDS?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Do I understand it correctly, That when VCDS connects to a car with a controller that support UDS, the car can tell VCDS what measuring values that are possible to read out, the scaling and the units for the data (bar, deg C, rpm etc) Is that correct? Or is that information inside files in VCDS?
VCDS knows what measuring values a module might support. When you make a map, VCDS will query those. The map will then show which ones the module actually supports.

-Uwe-

spot2000

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427176
VCDS knows what measuring values a module might support. When you make a map, VCDS will query those. The map will then show which ones the module actually supports.

-Uwe-
Okay, Specifically, my question is, If I want to make a software to connect to my own ID.3 and I find a lot of measurement values with VCDS that I want to read out, is there any easy way to find out more specific information about that value in VCDS, or am I forced to sniff the VCDS-ID.3 communication to see it?

I want to extract some values to be able to use them for a online planning software.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If I want to make a software to connect to my own ID.3
Sorry, we are not here to help other people make software that does things that VCDS already does.
am I forced to sniff the VCDS-ID.3 communication to see it?
You should probably re-read the very short license agreement that VCDS comes with.

-Uwe-

WayneR

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=337084
Hey all, I know this is an old thread, but being new and new to VCDS use, my car is a UDS module car.

So having seen that measuring blocks are not available, I have to use Adv Meas Blocks instead. That bit I get.

Now, I wish to do a HVAC flap reset, and in pre-uds cars that was fairly straightforward, by going into group 001 and hitting go, so I've read online.

How, would I do it now using Adv Blocks? Same work around with the mini window open and selecting the option?

Thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Now, I wish to do a HVAC flap reset, and in pre-uds cars that was fairly straightforward, by going into group 001 and hitting go, so I've read online.

How, would I do it now using Adv Blocks?
You wouldn't. That would be a Basic Setting.

-Uwe-

WayneR

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=337084
You wouldn't. That would be a Basic Setting.

-Uwe-

Thanks Uwe. I’ll plug it in and see if the command is listed under Basic Settings. Cheers.

Back