Adaption files Golf 8

Antera

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129250
Here you can download the full adaption map from every module in the new Golf 8 with full options.

https://transferxl.com/08jDhLvWxHkxLK

Autoscan:
https://transferxl.com/08jDV7rnxS8YCw

Coding is not yet possible and iff anyone can share your files from this car it would be nice.

I'm busy to get the inlogcodes wich are not the same as before

Last edited:

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
First of all: Thank you!!

But where is the Auto-Scan? :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Antera

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129250
Do you still have access to this car?

-Uwe-

As Long the keep this car as a demo I have acces to it and also 2 other one's iff needed and there are still there

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As Long the keep this car as a demo I have acces to it and also 2 other one's iff needed and there are still there
Nice. I think you already got an e-mail from us with a test request. :)

-Uwe-

ohaue

Reaction score
Hi,
The provided links are dead :-(

Best regards
Otto

wojo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=253691 (NRRT)
Hi, Did you manage to find out what are the Security Accesses to Modules?
I need up to 13 (ACC) and A5 (Front cam - line assist etc)
Thanks

Antera

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129250
You can't code with only login code's. All modulec are locked and not accesable with a simple login code

wojo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=253691 (NRRT)
You can't code with only login code's. All modulec are locked and not accesable with a simple login code

Not all modules require an SFD Token, ACC does not exist, an access code is needed

Reactions: Uwe

wojo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=253691 (NRRT)
For doing what ?

I want to activate an option (e.g. road signs, TJA - generally the all Travel Assist package becouse the seller forgot when ordering a car for me ...)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I want to activate an option (e.g. road signs, TJA - generally the all Travel Assist package becouse the seller forgot when ordering a car for me ...)
I seriously doubt you will be able to do that with VCDS. Those kinds of features required FEC codes from the factory even on some of the previous generation cars even if you have all the appropriate hardware, because it's considered "Software as a Product".

-Uwe-

Last edited:

Antera

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129250
I seriously doubt you will be able to do that with VCDS. Those kinds of features required FEC codes from the factory even on some of the previous generation cars even if you have all the appropriate hardware, because it's considered "Software as a Product".

-Uwe-

Will there be any progress to code the Golf 8 with VCDS?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Will there be any progress to code the Golf 8 with VCDS?
Are you asking whether VCDS will be able to code features that VW considers saleable products and charges money for?

-Uwe-

Antera

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129250
Are you asking whether VCDS will be able to code features that VW considers saleable products and charges money for?

-Uwe-

Coding is an issue because we need login's to code the Golf 8. All adaptions are the same as the Golf 7(,5) so when we can unlock the module's it would be possible to code again.

And of course the SFD is needed and i'm curious iff you will do something about that?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
And of course the SFD is needed and i'm curious iff you will do something about that?
We will see what is possible. :)

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Coding is an issue because we need login's to code the Golf 8. All adaptions are the same as the Golf 7(,5) so when we can unlock the module's it would be possible to code again.

@Antera : Hi.

I was intrigued by the bolded part of your post - I had never really considered what similarities there might be between the 2 x model Golfs
So, galvanized into action by the prospect of just being able to translate mk7/mk7.5 tweak instructions onto the mk8 platform (ignoring SFD for the moment) - I decided to compare the adaptation-channel databases in the BCM s from a mk8 and a mk7.5

For the purpose of my exercise, I chose the BCM admaps as follows:

Gold mk8 - from @Mari dropbox .ZIP file (thank you for providing this resource): 5WA-937-086-J
Golf mk7.5: 5Q0-937-084-CP

I used MS Excel and MS Access for the comparison.

GolfBCMTotal - Channel CountTotal - Unique Channel NamesChannel names common to both BCMs
Mk85WA-937-086-J28002439361
Mk7.55Q0-937-084-CP20451684361

As you can see, my numbers don't bode well for the prospect of being able to simply transfer previous mk7/7.5 tweaks onto the mk8 platform (at least not for the 2 x BCM s above)!

As an example of the difference, I was particularly interested in how the mk8 BCM handled Leuchte-Sets. In the older vehicles, these consisted of a bunch of 19 x adaptation channels. In mk8s, it appears that each Leuchte-set is now a group of 23 channels. I compare the structure of a Leuchte-set for the old and new platforms in the picture below (hope it makes sense):

86kJEsj.png

This means that any attempt to apply tweak instructions relating to light function changes from a mk7/7.5 (and there are lots of these) will be problematic at best!!

Don

Last edited:
Back