Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Diagnostic Protection SFD

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Vehicle Diagnostic Protection SFD

Hi, I have a Hex Can interface which has given excellent service for many years, I now need to upgrade to a new interface. My question is. With Volkswagen about to launch Vehicle Diagnostic Protection on all new models starting with Golf 8 will the latest interface work on these vehicles?.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    We are not in a position to make any guarantees of functionality on those cars yet.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Hopefully it will

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^Andy: Hi. "Diagnostic Protection" ? - I like words that conjure-up secret stuff!

There is already an active form of "Diagnostic Protection" on the current mk7 and mk7.5 Golf- like SA s, gibberish channel descriptors, unconfirmed long code software switches, Component Protection architecture etc.

What does this term mean for Golf mk8 - or to be more accurate, what do you understand by this term when applied to the next generation Golf?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    What does this term mean for Golf mk8 - or to be more accurate, what do you understand by this term when applied to the next generation Golf?
    My third-hand understanding of it is that it works like the gateway on late-model Audis, which blocks all "write access" to the the systems in the vehicle, but instead of just having to open the vehicle's hood to allow such access, some interaction with VWAG's servers is required.

-Uwe-

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ thanks Uwe - sounds suspiciously like a thinly veiled, anti-competitive mechanism whose real purpose is to further embed Dealers into ALL aspects of post sales servicing. This makes diesel-gate look like an unintentional misdemeanor!

I thought that CP was devious enough - but at least on some level, the facility it can be argued as addressing the black market for stolen parts. Diagnostic Protection (as explained) appears to "protect" a single entity - and it ain't the consumer!!!

What is the "after-market" part of the car industry doing about this outrage?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have had an email from Bosch saying on their newer KTS series the Mercedes, BMW & FCA brands will be useable due to co-operation from these groups. However, KTS users will need to register on the appropriate manufacturers site and enter login details to be able to access the security gateway and carry out diagnosis etc.

So seems to me that they will lock it down to "approved" vendors equipment only.

Post Thanks / Like
    I already connected to 2 Golf 8 but i can't change anything yet. It needs for every module a inlogcode wich is not the previous ones. I have full scan from every module incl the autoscan. But that's it.

Most off the adaption from 09 and 5F for instant are almost the same as the Golf 7 with a few changes. I talked with the engineering from the local VW garage and they tell me that there wil be a few people from every dealer who gets registrerd for coding on the new Golf. every thing they do will me monitored by VW. Every code the put in the car the free a option will be done with Odis and will be noted on the cars chassis. so when there is something wrong everything could be traced the a certain person and so on.

Iff there is anyone interested in those files let me now

9. Likes Uwe, Mari, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe we're all curious, aren't we? you could post the scans into the non-broken section
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 20. and counting

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    I believe we're all curious, aren't we? you could post the scans into the non-broken section
    I'm not sure he means he connected with VCDS.

-Uwe-