Increasing Alternator voltage with VCDS?

Amarok

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=375988
Hello Community

I have a 2011 Amarok, as far as I know, the alternator is controlled by the ECU.
Bit of a long shot but is it possible to increase the alternator output voltage for charging and float, via VCDS programming?
If have browsed through the menus but couldn't find any obvious ways for any adjustments.
I know about the diode mod for alternators to increase voltage but if there is a solution via programming, that would certainly be more elegant.

Reason for voltage adjustment is that I have replaced my lead acid battery with a Lithium battery, which unfortunately never gets fully charged as it likes to sit around 14.5V for float and 15ish for charging. Unfortunately my alternator voltage tops out at 14.2V and float is around 13.7ish. that's not optimal.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
We'll need a full unedited VCDS Auto-Scan of your Amarok so we can see exactly what hardware & software versions are installed of the modules.

Reactions: Uwe

hahnmgh63

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=53007
Did you guys figure this out? I have an Antigravity LifePO4 battery in my S5 and would like to tweak the battery settings a little. I think 14.5v is a little high for a LifePO4, maybe closer to 14v would be optimal.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Did you guys figure this out? I have an Antigravity LifePO4 battery in my S5 and would like to tweak the battery settings a little. I think 14.5v is a little high for a LifePO4, maybe closer to 14v would be optimal.
The 8R0 Gateway in this car does not seem to have any means to specify a different battery chemistry.

-Uwe-

Back