Skoda Octavia 2006 battery drain issue

Maxnutter

Reaction score
Hello,
about 18 months ago I fitted a new android head unit. I was aware of the potential battery drain issues, but all went well until just before Christmas
Upon a recommendation, I purchased one of these new CAN bus gateway control units:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswag...rentrq:10c6c07d1700a4e8e0b6ec75ffec8e36|iid:1

I took it to a local guy who read my existing unit, but couldn't program the new one. He said it was reading as "not compatible".
I'm a little skeptical of his know how, and wondered if this unit should work, and if not, which I should get as the issue is becoming rather chronic.

Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It's pretty difficult to tell whether that's suitable replacement for your existing gateway is if we don't know what your existing gateway is. So please post an Auto-Scan

-Uwe-

Maxnutter

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I don't have an autoscan to post unfortunately. I didn't get that from the guy, and he'd probably try and charge me another £25 to get it.
I have the original gateway and the code that he "exported" from it, but that is all, sadly

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I have the original gateway and the code that he "exported" from it, but that is all, sadly
Without an Auto-Scan anything we suggest will be no more than pure blind guesswork, we really DO need you to get and post an Auto-Scan.

There are many VCDS owners in the UK, most of whom will happily do an Auto-Scan for you for no more than 'beer tokens', certainly briskoda.net has a thread devoted to locations of VCDS owners so it's worth having a look on there IMHO.

Reactions: Uwe
Back