Thread: Skoda Octavia 2006 battery drain issue

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Skoda Octavia 2006 battery drain issue

Hello,
    about 18 months ago I fitted a new android head unit. I was aware of the potential battery drain issues, but all went well until just before Christmas
    Upon a recommendation, I purchased one of these new CAN bus gateway control units:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswage...ec8e36|iid%3A1

I took it to a local guy who read my existing unit, but couldn't program the new one. He said it was reading as "not compatible".
    I'm a little skeptical of his know how, and wondered if this unit should work, and if not, which I should get as the issue is becoming rather chronic.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's pretty difficult to tell whether that's suitable replacement for your existing gateway is if we don't know what your existing gateway is. So please post an Auto-Scan

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

I don't have an autoscan to post unfortunately. I didn't get that from the guy, and he'd probably try and charge me another 25 to get it.
    I have the original gateway and the code that he "exported" from it, but that is all, sadly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxnutter View Post
    I have the original gateway and the code that he "exported" from it, but that is all, sadly
    Without an Auto-Scan anything we suggest will be no more than pure blind guesswork, we really DO need you to get and post an Auto-Scan.

There are many VCDS owners in the UK, most of whom will happily do an Auto-Scan for you for no more than 'beer tokens', certainly briskoda.net has a thread devoted to locations of VCDS owners so it's worth having a look on there IMHO.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post