Thread: VCDS 18.6.2 software

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VCDS 18.6.2 software

Hi all

I have a HEX+CAN+USB lead and i'm running a version of the 19 software. However ive noticed that more and more features are being removed from the software as my interface is now considered 'old'.

Does anyone know if there's any links to the Version 18.6.2 software (last version I believe stopped looking for the new dongles) that I can 'roll-back' to.

Unfortunately, the ross tech site only lists current and beta software, which is too new to what im looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's not correct. Features have been added, with notifications that these new features are not supported with old interfaces, but no features have been removed.

If you think something has been removed, please provide details.

Oh, and there was never an 18.6. There was an 18.1/18.2 and an 18.9.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What model year did the newer interfaces begin?

Ive scanned cars on a MY2014 and its said features have been blocked because of HEX+CAN interface. Think these might be UDS off the top of my head?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You probably saw messages like "[New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]" in your scan... This doesn't mean that features have been removed, only that newer features only work with newer interface!
    Golf VII, 1.6TDI BM Ed. 40 - 110 PK

5. Likes Uwe, Eric, PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carsey View Post
    What model year did the newer interfaces begin?
    New interfaces are backwards compatible with older cars, so this question really doesn't make sense.

The HEX-NET was introduced in in February of 2014.
    The HEX-V2 was introduced on January 1, 2017.

Some features (such as the one Mari mentioned above) were added to the software after the newer interfaces were introduced and require a newer interface, but these features simply did not exist in older versions of the software, so you would not gain anything by using older software. That line of text simply wouldn't be there with older software.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh I see. Makes more sense.

I cant remember the exact scenario but have seen the UDS thing before on pretty basic fault codes and raised a eyebrow when I looked at it to wonder why I cant see full infomation anymore.

A lad who runs a VAG specific garage has also noticed the features been restricted, so hence reason I asked on here as we determined 18.6.2 was last 'full' version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carsey View Post
    we determined 18.6.2 was last 'full' version.
    But as Uwe said in an earlier post there never was a VCDS version 18.6.2 so could you check the version number you are referring to?

10. Likes Mari liked this post