VCDS 18.6.2 software

carsey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112786
Hi all

I have a HEX+CAN+USB lead and i'm running a version of the 19 software. However ive noticed that more and more features are being removed from the software as my interface is now considered 'old'.

Does anyone know if there's any links to the Version 18.6.2 software (last version I believe stopped looking for the new dongles) that I can 'roll-back' to.

Unfortunately, the ross tech site only lists current and beta software, which is too new to what im looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
That's not correct. Features have been added, with notifications that these new features are not supported with old interfaces, but no features have been removed.

If you think something has been removed, please provide details.

Oh, and there was never an 18.6. There was an 18.1/18.2 and an 18.9.

-Uwe-

carsey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112786
What model year did the newer interfaces begin?

Ive scanned cars on a MY2014 and its said features have been blocked because of HEX+CAN interface. Think these might be UDS off the top of my head?

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
You probably saw messages like "[New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]" in your scan... This doesn't mean that features have been removed, only that newer features only work with newer interface!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What model year did the newer interfaces begin?
New interfaces are backwards compatible with older cars, so this question really doesn't make sense.

The HEX-NET was introduced in in February of 2014.
The HEX-V2 was introduced on January 1, 2017.

Some features (such as the one Mari mentioned above) were added to the software after the newer interfaces were introduced and require a newer interface, but these features simply did not exist in older versions of the software, so you would not gain anything by using older software. That line of text simply wouldn't be there with older software.

-Uwe-

carsey

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112786
Ahh I see. Makes more sense.

I cant remember the exact scenario but have seen the UDS thing before on pretty basic fault codes and raised a eyebrow when I looked at it to wonder why I cant see full infomation anymore.

A lad who runs a VAG specific garage has also noticed the features been restricted, so hence reason I asked on here as we determined 18.6.2 was last 'full' version.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
we determined 18.6.2 was last 'full' version.
But as Uwe said in an earlier post there never was a VCDS version 18.6.2 so could you check the version number you are referring to?

Back