Thread: VCSD logging of comms errors

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VCSD logging of comms errors

Does VCDS log comms errors anywhere?

While trying to sus out why my transmission and ABS are not responding, i have noticed that VCDS fails to contact the transmission immediately where as when it's trying to contact the ABS, it appears to connect very breifly and then go back to Can Init. It does this 4 or 5 times before coming up with "Too many communications errorsto continue!".

Can I find any info about what's failing when VCDS is trying to talk the to ABS.

The ABS lights come on, on the dash while it's trying to communicate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No, it does not produce such logs by default. If this is on the wonky Bentley you've posted about in this thread, the first thing I'd do is take my VCDS to some other car and test it there. And if it's the same computer, you've written about here, try a different computer.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    No, it does not produce such logs by default. If this is on the wonky Bentley you've posted about in this thread, the first thing I'd do is take my VCDS to some other car and test it there. And if it's the same computer, you've written about here, try a different computer.

-Uwe-
    Turns out my 'wonky bentley' isn't wonky after all....