Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIB2 retrofit - clock/time issue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentlux1976 View Post
    Yes but I’m afraid that if I update, the component protection will come back and the app-connect will be disabled...
    so you know what unit you have or not ?
    patched , or unloked ?

Quote Originally Posted by siLc View Post
    Bad wiring? Highly unlikely because everything else is working (is it?).
    I see your 680B has a SW version of 0245. The latest SW is 0252. You could try updating to that. I had a 680B with this SW version in my B7 and clock worked fine.
    but what cluster SW is in your car ?
    clock data is only broadcasting from cluster

anyway - he know solution , w/o test with higher SW we can only talk and talk and talk .. and making more usseless conversation
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen the behavior even after updating to 253sw on the DM.
    But with newer cluster the clock data is displayed correctly.
    I have not done extensive testing so I can't tell you which sw versions might work, other than retrofitted 3d clusters in Passat B6 and Golf 5/6 work fine.
    Newer black and white clusters in B6 work ok also (sorry don't know which version).
    Gateway doesn't seem to make any difference. Tried with 7N0 gw and older black and white cluster and clock still shows 00:00 in DM.
    With older DDP red cluster it also doesn't work (but also MFD functions don't work so you'd want to update cluster anyway)

A patched DM can be software updated via sdcard without affecting CP and FEC.
    I don't know about software unlocked units.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM Retrofit|HBA/FLA

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
    so you know what unit you have or not ?
    patched , or unloked ?

but what cluster SW is in your car ?
    clock data is only broadcasting from cluster

anyway - he know solution , w/o test with higher SW we can only talk and talk and talk .. and making more usseless conversation
    I think it's patched as I did the retrofit in my Eos and do not have any CP issues and Carplay worked directly

My cluster is 1Q0 920 874 K / H05 / 0305
    I'll try to find a 3D cluster or a newer white screen cluster

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    I've seen the behavior even after updating to 253sw on the DM.
    But with newer cluster the clock data is displayed correctly.
    I have not done extensive testing so I can't tell you which sw versions might work, other than retrofitted 3d clusters in Passat B6 and Golf 5/6 work fine.
    Newer black and white clusters in B6 work ok also (sorry don't know which version).
    Gateway doesn't seem to make any difference. Tried with 7N0 gw and older black and white cluster and clock still shows 00:00 in DM.
    With older DDP red cluster it also doesn't work (but also MFD functions don't work so you'd want to update cluster anyway)

A patched DM can be software updated via sdcard without affecting CP and FEC.
    I don't know about software unlocked units.
    Where can I find the update via SDcard?