Hex v3?

Doku

Reaction score
I am planning to buy a hex v2 unlimited cable from one of your European distributor.

I have 2 questions:

1) Any new hex cable in the pipeline? Read something about doip DoIP??

2) Does rosstech facilitate in second hand v2 cables?

Greetings
From Holland

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
We do not currently have a HEX-V3 in the pipeline.

DoIP is being implemented in a revised version of the HEX-NET that should be available sometime in the spring of this year. There are cars that support DoIP, but we have yet to see a car that actually requires it.

We do not sell second-hand cables. I'm not sure what you mean by "facilitate". If you buy a second-hand HEX-V2 cable somewhere else, you have full use of the product, but you will not be a registered user, and thus will not be eligible for support (including Verified status on this forum) or any type of upgrade. However, you can become a registered user for $99 here.

-Uwe-

Doku

Reaction score
Thanks for this clear answer. So DoIP is only applicable to hexnet and not v2?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Thanks for this clear answer. So DoIP is only applicable to hexnet and not v2?
DoIP is not applicable to anything at all right now.

DoIP will be available in a revised version of the HEX-NET in the spring.

If/when there are cars that require DoIP, then we may decide to make a version of the HEX-V2 that supports it.

-Uwe-

Doku

Reaction score
Thanks last question: any news about the golf8 suitability with the hex v2?

Hawkeye9723

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389466
Uwe

Will this be an update to existing HEX-NETs or a completely different product?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Thanks last question: any news about the golf8 suitability with the hex v2?
We are not yet in a position to make any guarantees of functionality on the Mk.8 cars, but I expect this will be more a matter of the "Security Gateway" than a need for DoIP.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Will this be an update to existing HEX-NETs or a completely different product?
It's not an update. You can't add the hardware needed for DoIP via an "update". ;)

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. As I've said on quite a few occasions, there are not currently any cars that require DoIP for diagnostics, nor are we certain when (if ever) there will be.

-Uwe-

Hawkeye9723

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389466
It's not an update. You can't add the hardware needed for DoIP via an "update". ;)

I wouldn't worry about it too much though. As I've said on quite a few occasions, there are not currently any cars that require DoIP for diagnostics, nor are we certain when (if ever) there will be.

-Uwe-

Thanks, I wasn't sure if the hardware was already there just waiting to be utilized.

Ewald

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303130
Hi all!

I'm thinking about to upgrade to HEX-Net from HEX-V2. Is there now something new or in the pipeline?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm thinking about to upgrade to HEX-Net from HEX-V2. Is there now something new or in the pipeline?
From Ross-Tech directly? No. Since there are still no cars that require DoIP for diagnostics, we still see no reason to offer such an upgrade.

However, some of our European distributors, including the one your HEX-V2 came from, do offer such upgrades.

-Uwe-

Ewald

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303130
Well, I was more interested if you have new hardware in the pipeline. Is there coming sth. new this year?

Yes, my V2 is from PCI. However, the business relation to them is not a must because of mindset in their forum.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Well, I was more interested if you have new hardware in the pipeline. Is there coming sth. new this year?
No, there is no new hardware in the pipeline at present.

-Uwe-

Ewald

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303130
I have now a blue NEX-NET. First thing that I do not like is that WPA2 cannot be enabled in AP mode. There is room for improvement. I will use WLAN hot spot of phone instead.

C-U-B-E-_-

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327304
I have now a blue NEX-NET. First thing that I do not like is that WPA2 cannot be enabled in AP mode. There is room for improvement. I will use WLAN hot spot of phone instead.

Use it in DHCP mode and the mobile phone as a hotspot. You have to connect the Net with your mobile phone hotspot via the PC once. Then your Net connects to the mobile phone via the hotspot, not directly under WLAN.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I do not like is that WPA2 cannot be enabled in AP mode.
My understanding is that this is an intrinsic limitation of the WiFi module, and not something we can change.

-Uwe-

Ewald

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303130
If you are looking for beta users for a new wifi module you can let me know. :-)

I think that would be really a great feature. Because the iPhone app won't find the HEX-NET in hotspot mode. So I have to remember the IP address which I can look up via USB connection to the laptop. And to change between laptop and phone isn't that quickly possible without the cable.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
the iPhone app won't find the HEX-NET in hotspot mode
That's news to me and sounds more like an iPhone or iPhone app problem than anything else.

@Andy is the only person directly at RT who still uses an iPhone. I wonder if he can reproduce this?

-Uwe-

C-U-B-E-_-

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=327304
Because the iPhone app won't find the HEX-NET in hotspot mode.

Hello, what you want already works excellent, I myself use on the road my Hex-Net always with iPhone via hotspot, because I need the cloud function. It's just a matter of setting it up. Once correctly set up it always works because the Hex-Net remembers the iPone profile.

Last edited:
Back