Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2010 Passat DSG problems P1820, P1815, P0868

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSchwartz View Post
    I have contacted half a dozen dealerships and all of the service professionals that I have spoken to have assured me that the service history is unavailable.
    "Contacted" how?

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both telephone and e-mail. They dont email me back and on the phone they will only tell me that the only service information that is available to them is if the vehicle was in their service center. If I call VWoA they tell me that the service centers only have on file the services that they performed, it seems like the response is company wide. Is it possible that privacy laws prevent them from handing out information regarding anything other than recall services preformed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Both telephone and e-mail. They dont email me back and on the phone they will only tell me that the only service information that is available to them is if the vehicle was in their service center. If I call VWoA they tell me that the service centers only have on file the services that they performed, it seems like the response is company wide. Is it possible that privacy laws prevent them from handing out information regarding anything other than recall services preformed?
    Maybe I need to make a tin-foil hat for myself, but this is starting to smell like a cover-up on VWoA's part.

-Uwe-

4. Likes NZDubNurd, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itís much more likely that they simply donít keep information on vehicles that are no longer under warranty or they donít give out this information because of privacy laws. They did answer my questions about the air bag replacement but thatís a recall. I find it extremely unlikely that VW has instituted a company wide cover up about a single car, that or you believe that they have hundreds of passats running around with illegal software that is causing transmissions to fail and their response was to purge their systems of all of those vehicles service history. Could you imagine being a service writer at VW and one day all of the service information for vehicles with DSG transmissions disappeared, or better yet there was a statement to read to the potential asker about how the service information that you have is unavailable to them, because thatís what weíre talking about here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even excluding the "dieselgate" debacle, VW/Audi has been caught many times doing things they shouldn't. Multiple cars with the same VIN, selling cars that were test mules (and were non-compliant, produced to tested and crushed), failing to comply with regulations etc.

I wonder if it would be different if you "borrowed" a VIN from a local friend with a VW, and enquire at the same dealers...
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is turning into a tin hat gathering.

I get the response about service history without giving out the VIN. This is NOT a conspiracy, or a coverup, itís just not good business practice to give out information about previous owners like how often or well they actually serviced their vehicle. Honestly people, there is a very real possibility that some backyard mechanic or less than reputable shop bought a mechatronic unit off eBay or from some backwater country and installed it him or herself. There is absolutely no supporting evidence that anything fishy is going on on VWs part except for one guy on a message board saying itís so, and your all buying it... hook, line, and sinker.

It was aliens and they took the car to Area 51 as a test mule, loaded it with fraudulent software and sold it to me while disguising themselves as a young lady attending college in New Orleans. Now they are playing some kind of candid camera joke on me. Shortly I expect Ed McMahon to show up in a minivan with a larger than life check for me to replace my transmission. GTFOH
    Last edited by TheSchwartz; 02-28-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Honestly people, there is a very real possibility that some backyard mechanic or less than reputable shop bought a mechatronic unit off eBay or from some backwater country and installed it him or herself.
    Indeed, that is entirely possible. Right now, you don't know, and neither do we Since we don't own the car, we don't have any "standing" to get the service history form VW, but I remain quite confident that they do have it, and I remain curious why they're unwilling to give it to you, as the owner of the car. But stay tuned, I'm fixing to show that service history is available for a car of comparable vintage that one of our guys does own.

There is absolutely no supporting evidence that anything fishy is going on on VWs part except for one guy on a message board saying it’s so, and your all buying it... hook, line, and sinker.
    OK, you asked for advice on how to fix the car. There is a good bit of that in this thread. I understand the signal-to-noise ratio is low, but hey...

-Uwe-

10. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had problems getting the service history for my Skoda Octavia from ONE UK Skoda main dealer - they quoted privacy laws, even when I pointed out that as I am the owner I was only asking for information that I own!

Contacting another Skoda dealer got a completely different response, within 30 seconds they handed me a full service history that they had printed from the factory server.

It seems the problem is staff at dealers misunderstanding how privacy laws should be applied...
    Last edited by PetrolDave; 02-28-2020 at 12:17 PM.

12. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any luck getting that service history?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Any luck getting that service history?
    Have a look here.

-Uwe-