Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Passat DSG problems P1820, P1815, P0868

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have turned this into your own personal playground. This is absolutely not what I spent my very hard earned money on when I bought a Ross-tech product.
    Are you sure? Did you check out all forms of COM on VCDS forum?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can tell you that I never asked about legal advise here and thatís all you seem to want to hand out. Thanks for giving me a headache and just about nothing else.

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can tell you that I never asked about legal advise here and that’s all you seem to want to hand out. Thanks for giving me a headache and just about nothing else.

I have not offered legal advice
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly Iím in the wrong place. You have a good day sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you check your PM?

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe you were advised here below in link right and now you are trying to do things without a repair manual and not willing to do some brief research that would more than likely save you a large sum of money as it did for others?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post192334

I tried to do what you requested, didn't I?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OK, let me try to explain & summarize where Jack is coming from here:

• All power-train (in this case ECU and TCU) software has to be emissions certified, with the software versions and the calibration IDs (glorified checksums) on file and publicly accessible.
    • It is Jack's contention (I haven't verified this) that your TCU software (part number 02E-300-051-P, version 1979, with calibration ID 00002236) is not on file with with the relevant agencies.
    • If your TCU software is indeed not certified, and was installed by a VW dealer at some point, then VW is in a world of hurt and owes you a transmission; this is why he'd like you to get the complete service history of this car from a dealer.
    • There is no question in my mind that any dealer can pull the complete history. It is Jack's contention that they are legally required to do so for the current owner of the car. I've asked him to try to find a citation for this requirement.
    • There is of course the possibility that at some point in its life, this car's transmission was "tuned" in the aftermarket. In that case, your transmission woes are not VW's problem.

Jack is trying to help you, but even I didn't understand exactly where he was coming from until I spoke with him on the phone.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize & I'm deeply sorry I upset OP when I read the CFR titles for fun and share what I question with everyone to possibly get clarity myself & while hopefully helping you is that okay?

I'm sorry!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inspect the gearbox oil for shavings if none are found replace the mechatronic unit.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have paid for and downloaded all of the technical documents on erWin. The information contained about the DSG transmission is no different than the information available for free on the internet. There seems to be no information enclosed in these documents that describe a test for the pump, or an access port to the oiling system from outside of the transmission, so its likely that there is no way to actually test the pump. I will open the gearbox and inspect it for shavings, if they are present I will likely replace the transmission with a known good unit, if not I will likely replace the mechatronics unit. I will repost to this thread once more to report my final findings and solutions for anyone in the future that finds this information helpful.

If anyone was wondering, I have never received any replies to any of the Emails that I have sent out about EPA violations or NHTSA complaints, nor have I received anything back from VW about service history on this vehicle. I have contacted half a dozen dealerships and all of the service professionals that I have spoken to have assured me that the service history is unavailable.