Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Passat DSG problems P1820, P1815, P0868

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSchwartz View Post
    I have now spoken to three dealerships that have informed me that they cannot access service records for the vehicle.
    <SMH> They're not being forthright with you.

Jack, did you ever consider becoming a lawyer? I feel like I need one to understand exactaly what your saying.
    Jack's theories regarding these warranties are probably technically correct, but the problem with 'em is that unless you're willing to hire a lawyer to press the matter, VW and their dealers will probably tell you to go pound sand. Moreover, just paying to fix it yourself is likely cheaper for you than going that route would be, so it's unlikely that you will pursue such a course, and and they know this.

In all honesty I was just looking to find out if replacing the clutch solenoids would fix my problem. Dammit Jim, I'm a waiter, not a lawyer!
    I don't think anyone can tell you for sure whether that will fix the problem or not.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

2. Likes PetrolDave, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being the sole provider for a family with a baby on the way, I have no time or funding to deal with a lawyer to press a legal matter with VW. Currently I cannot locate the service information for this vehicle to even prove that it has been serviced properly, and if the dealerships have access to this information, they surely wont hand it over without a fight. I have tried dealerships here in New Orleans, in Akron, and in New York, as well as a call to VWoA (which was frustrating at very best). So, if you know of a lawyer that wants to deal with this mess please let me know, however, I cannot pay them, not even if I'm going to be reimbursed in the end.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being the sole provider for a family with a baby on the way, I have no time or funding to deal with a lawyer to press a legal matter with VW. Currently I cannot locate the service information for this vehicle to even prove that it has been serviced properly, and if the dealerships have access to this information, they surely wont hand it over without a fight. I have tried dealerships here in New Orleans, in Akron, and in New York, as well as a call to VWoA (which was frustrating at very best). So, if you know of a lawyer that wants to deal with this mess please let me know, however, I cannot pay them, not even if I'm going to be reimbursed in the end.

Governing agencies and complaint forms cost no money & indeed some time do they not?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    you will be pleased to know that I filed a complaint with the NHTSA #11309950. for whatever thats worth, its now done.

I have also changed the DSG fluid and filter. The transmission function seems to be the same, however, there is no longer a short to positive code on the N215 and N216. We shall see how long that lasts.

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    May the Schwartz be with you!
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    May the Schwartz be with you!
    Hahahaha your bants jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Hahahaha your bants jack
    Baby Yoda has nothing on the Schwartz of Yogurt..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you finish combing the regulations and find anything yet or you still kicking shit?

At least you documented it for later.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found the information that you were trying to lead me to. That being said, Uwe is hitting the nail on the head. My next course of action is testing and possibly replacing solenoids or the entire mechatronic unit I need this car fixed yesterday.
    Last edited by TheSchwartz; 02-18-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I found the information that you were trying to lead me to. That being said, Uwe is hitting the nail on the head. My next course of action is testing and possibly replacing solenoids or the entire mechatronic unit I need this car fixed yesterday.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Ever consider dropping a line too Holly?

pugliese.holly@epa.gov