Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Passat DSG problems P1820, P1815, P0868

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke with a service writer at vw today and he provided me with the build date Oct 15, 2009 and the delivery date Mar 17, 2010. Im hoping that the delivery date and the commerce date is the same thing, mostly because he had no idea what I meant by "the date the vehicle was introduced into commerce", I know that feeling.
    Wouldn't this mean useful life warranty is still in play?

TIME TO CATCH THE CLOCK BEFORE IT RUNS OUT & TO CATCH THE #3 TRAIN, HUH?

Additionally, I wanted to note that, sometimes the MIL is on but usually its off.

Mode 9 : Calibration Identification

Type 02 - VIN : WVWJK7AN0AE057532 (Address E8)
    Type 04 - Calibration ID : 06J906026DA 6987 (Address E8)
    Type 04 - Calibration ID : 02E300051P 1979 (Address E9)
    Type 06 - Calibration Verification Number : DF9B96A2 (Address E8)
    Type 06 - Calibration Verification Number : 00002236 (Address E9)

Did you make a request for a full service history from dealer yet & for everything ever done which could of modified an AECD?

Do those calibration ID's or CVN's comport and compare to what is publicly disseminated, I wonder why the transmission doesn't, does this imply FOD fuckaroo?

Was the transmission done or engine repaired or replaced before under warranty?

ALL ABOARD!!!!! PLEASE HAVE YOUR WARRANTY VOUCHERS IN ORDER TO GET ON THE #3 TRAIN!

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was under the impression that the federal warranty for emissions devices was 8 years or 80k.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was under the impression that the federal warranty for emissions devices was 8 years or 80k.

What's the certificate application say and CARB when a CARB ORVR is used?

If the engine and transmission FAIL to run proper and software is inconsistent as certified & without an announced recall to accommodate an ADR, how possibly could the EVAP SMOG comport and with admitted issues, are you sure?

Did you read from page 39 forward yet and listed parts?

Did you do a search of the document for "120,000" using "Control F" ?

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/displ...d=25131&flag=1
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Im not sure, mostly because Im having a difficult time understanding you. I spent the last few hours of my day yesterday trying to decode what your saying and I have split my time today also trying to understand as well as trying to retrieve the service history of this vehicle. The service history seems to be dealer specific and half of this cars life was spent in NY so.... Now Im trying to contact VW of America for a full service history if possible. Im starting to believe that this conversation may be more suited for the telephone.

Post Thanks / Like
    No Im not sure, mostly because Im having a difficult time understanding you. I spent the last few hours of my day yesterday trying to decode what your saying and I have split my time today also trying to understand as well as trying to retrieve the service history of this vehicle. The service history seems to be dealer specific and half of this cars life was spent in NY so.... Now Im trying to contact VW of America for a full service history if possible. Im starting to believe that this conversation may be more suited for the telephone.
    NOPE, NO PHONE CALLS HERE, ALL WRITTEN QUESTIONS ONLY & TO DETERMINE YOUR OWN SELF-EVIDENT ANSWERS, WONDER WHY?

Do you see the 120,000?

Here is a another document to play with and did you know NY subordinates CARB in California?

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/levpro..._regs_3-12.pdf

Did you get the history yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSchwartz View Post
    The service history seems to be dealer specific and half of this cars life was spent in NY so....
    In the USA, it's not. Any dealer can pull the complete records of what was done at the entire US dealer network. Of course that history won't show anything that was done at an independent shop or at a tuner....

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes Jack@European_Parts, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    no i still havent found where there is a warranty for 120k. Ill try another dealership.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the USA, it's not. Any dealer can pull the complete records of what was done at the entire US dealer network. Of course that history won't show anything that was done at an independent shop or at a tuner....

-Uwe-

Indeed!

no i still havent found where there is a warranty for 120k. Ill try another dealership.

Did you know it is all how you split the hairs for interrelation of inbred certifications of AECD's and how the SMOG systems are unilaterally relied on & operated, kind of like NHTSA/CARB and EPA huh?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have now spoken to three dealerships that have informed me that they cannot access service records for the vehicle. All three have pointed me to carfax. Jack, did you ever consider becoming a lawyer? I feel like I need one to understand exactaly what your saying. In all honesty I was just looking to find out if replacing the clutch solenoids would fix my problem. Dammit Jim, I'm a waiter, not a lawyer!

11. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have now spoken to three dealerships that have informed me that they cannot access service records for the vehicle. All three have pointed me to carfax. Jack, did you ever consider becoming a lawyer? I feel like I need one to understand exactaly what your saying. In all honesty I was just looking to find out if replacing the clutch solenoids would fix my problem. Dammit Jim, I'm a waiter, not a lawyer!

See now that is fucking funny, did you know you would not be the first to see my questioning like this?

I am not a lawyer, nor do I give legal advice, I do love the law though and read it often, while sometimes pointing people to things of interest & things I have read or need clarity on myself?

The law is a funny thing right and how it can be interpreted, which is why people argue on each side and often like political parties & to change public policy through a good argument?

Have you, because I have often found myself seeking answers and when it applies to our industry, somethings appear vague, however, useful life doesn't to me and how it is interrelated or when a company was paid money by the US Gov or States in order to play FOD fuckaroo, well now it's time to cough up fun ticket warranty vouchers & you and everyone helped pay for, to ride like the repetition use of the #3 train & in a Hollywood western right?

Yup all my question marks are in place see them in my run on sentence questions????????

Amazing how calling attention through questioning things, well, might just cost someone a bunch of money and if I was maybe antagonized, could you imagine other questions I might want to ask in the public light?

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 02-18-2020 at 01:31 PM.