2010 Passat DSG problems P1820, P1815, P0868

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I spoke with a service writer at vw today and he provided me with the build date Oct 15, 2009 and the delivery date Mar 17, 2010. Im hoping that the delivery date and the commerce date is the same thing, mostly because he had no idea what I meant by "the date the vehicle was introduced into commerce", I know that feeling.

Wouldn't this mean useful life warranty is still in play?

TIME TO CATCH THE CLOCK BEFORE IT RUNS OUT & TO CATCH THE #3 TRAIN, HUH?
giphy.gif

Additionally, I wanted to note that, sometimes the MIL is on but usually its off.

Mode 9 : Calibration Identification

Type 02 - VIN : WVWJK7AN0AE057532 (Address E8)
Type 04 - Calibration ID : 06J906026DA 6987 (Address E8)
Type 04 - Calibration ID : 02E300051P 1979 (Address E9)
Type 06 - Calibration Verification Number : DF9B96A2 (Address E8)
Type 06 - Calibration Verification Number : 00002236 (Address E9)

Did you make a request for a full service history from dealer yet & for everything ever done which could of modified an AECD?

Do those calibration ID's or CVN's comport and compare to what is publicly disseminated, I wonder why the transmission doesn't, does this imply FOD fuckaroo?

Was the transmission done or engine repaired or replaced before under warranty?

fod-control-signs-risk-series.png

ALL ABOARD!!!!! PLEASE HAVE YOUR WARRANTY VOUCHERS IN ORDER TO GET ON THE #3 TRAIN!

220px-Movie_Star_Sierra_3.jpg

TheSchwartz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227535
I was under the impression that the federal warranty for emissions devices was 8 years or 80k.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I was under the impression that the federal warranty for emissions devices was 8 years or 80k.

What's the certificate application say and CARB when a CARB ORVR is used?

If the engine and transmission FAIL to run proper and software is inconsistent as certified & without an announced recall to accommodate an ADR, how possibly could the EVAP SMOG comport and with admitted issues, are you sure?

Did you read from page 39 forward yet and listed parts?

Did you do a search of the document for "120,000" using "Control F" ?

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=25131&flag=1

TheSchwartz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227535
No Im not sure, mostly because Im having a difficult time understanding you. I spent the last few hours of my day yesterday trying to decode what your saying and I have split my time today also trying to understand as well as trying to retrieve the service history of this vehicle. The service history seems to be dealer specific and half of this cars life was spent in NY so.... Now Im trying to contact VW of America for a full service history if possible. Im starting to believe that this conversation may be more suited for the telephone.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
No Im not sure, mostly because Im having a difficult time understanding you. I spent the last few hours of my day yesterday trying to decode what your saying and I have split my time today also trying to understand as well as trying to retrieve the service history of this vehicle. The service history seems to be dealer specific and half of this cars life was spent in NY so.... Now Im trying to contact VW of America for a full service history if possible. Im starting to believe that this conversation may be more suited for the telephone.

NOPE, NO PHONE CALLS HERE, ALL WRITTEN QUESTIONS ONLY & TO DETERMINE YOUR OWN SELF-EVIDENT ANSWERS, WONDER WHY?

Do you see the 120,000?

Here is a another document to play with and did you know NY subordinates CARB in California?

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/levprog/cleandoc/cleancomplete_lev-ghg_regs_3-12.pdf

Did you get the history yet?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The service history seems to be dealer specific and half of this cars life was spent in NY so....
In the USA, it's not. Any dealer can pull the complete records of what was done at the entire US dealer network. Of course that history won't show anything that was done at an independent shop or at a tuner....

-Uwe-

TheSchwartz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227535
no i still havent found where there is a warranty for 120k. Ill try another dealership.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
In the USA, it's not. Any dealer can pull the complete records of what was done at the entire US dealer network. Of course that history won't show anything that was done at an independent shop or at a tuner....

-Uwe-

Indeed!

giphy.gif

no i still havent found where there is a warranty for 120k. Ill try another dealership.

Did you know it is all how you split the hairs for interrelation of inbred certifications of AECD's and how the SMOG systems are unilaterally relied on & operated, kind of like NHTSA/CARB and EPA huh?

TheSchwartz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227535
I have now spoken to three dealerships that have informed me that they cannot access service records for the vehicle. All three have pointed me to carfax. Jack, did you ever consider becoming a lawyer? I feel like I need one to understand exactaly what your saying. In all honesty I was just looking to find out if replacing the clutch solenoids would fix my problem. Dammit Jim, I'm a waiter, not a lawyer!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I have now spoken to three dealerships that have informed me that they cannot access service records for the vehicle. All three have pointed me to carfax. Jack, did you ever consider becoming a lawyer? I feel like I need one to understand exactaly what your saying. In all honesty I was just looking to find out if replacing the clutch solenoids would fix my problem. Dammit Jim, I'm a waiter, not a lawyer!

See now that is fucking funny, did you know you would not be the first to see my questioning like this?

I am not a lawyer, nor do I give legal advice, I do love the law though and read it often, while sometimes pointing people to things of interest & things I have read or need clarity on myself?

The law is a funny thing right and how it can be interpreted, which is why people argue on each side and often like political parties & to change public policy through a good argument?

Have you, because I have often found myself seeking answers and when it applies to our industry, somethings appear vague, however, useful life doesn't to me and how it is interrelated or when a company was paid money by the US Gov or States in order to play FOD fuckaroo, well now it's time to cough up fun ticket warranty vouchers & you and everyone helped pay for, to ride like the repetition use of the #3 train & in a Hollywood western right?

Yup all my question marks are in place see them in my run on sentence questions????????

Amazing how calling attention through questioning things, well, might just cost someone a bunch of money and if I was maybe antagonized, could you imagine other questions I might want to ask in the public light?

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have now spoken to three dealerships that have informed me that they cannot access service records for the vehicle.
<SMH> They're not being forthright with you.

Jack, did you ever consider becoming a lawyer? I feel like I need one to understand exactaly what your saying.
Jack's theories regarding these warranties are probably technically correct, but the problem with 'em is that unless you're willing to hire a lawyer to press the matter, VW and their dealers will probably tell you to go pound sand. Moreover, just paying to fix it yourself is likely cheaper for you than going that route would be, so it's unlikely that you will pursue such a course, and and they know this.

In all honesty I was just looking to find out if replacing the clutch solenoids would fix my problem. Dammit Jim, I'm a waiter, not a lawyer!
I don't think anyone can tell you for sure whether that will fix the problem or not.

-Uwe-

TheSchwartz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227535
Being the sole provider for a family with a baby on the way, I have no time or funding to deal with a lawyer to press a legal matter with VW. Currently I cannot locate the service information for this vehicle to even prove that it has been serviced properly, and if the dealerships have access to this information, they surely wont hand it over without a fight. I have tried dealerships here in New Orleans, in Akron, and in New York, as well as a call to VWoA (which was frustrating at very best). So, if you know of a lawyer that wants to deal with this mess please let me know, however, I cannot pay them, not even if I'm going to be reimbursed in the end.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Being the sole provider for a family with a baby on the way, I have no time or funding to deal with a lawyer to press a legal matter with VW. Currently I cannot locate the service information for this vehicle to even prove that it has been serviced properly, and if the dealerships have access to this information, they surely wont hand it over without a fight. I have tried dealerships here in New Orleans, in Akron, and in New York, as well as a call to VWoA (which was frustrating at very best). So, if you know of a lawyer that wants to deal with this mess please let me know, however, I cannot pay them, not even if I'm going to be reimbursed in the end.

Governing agencies and complaint forms cost no money & indeed some time do they not?

TheSchwartz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227535
you will be pleased to know that I filed a complaint with the NHTSA #11309950. for whatever thats worth, its now done.

I have also changed the DSG fluid and filter. The transmission function seems to be the same, however, there is no longer a short to positive code on the N215 and N216. We shall see how long that lasts.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Did you finish combing the regulations and find anything yet or you still kicking shit?

At least you documented it for later.

TheSchwartz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227535
I found the information that you were trying to lead me to. That being said, Uwe is hitting the nail on the head. My next course of action is testing and possibly replacing solenoids or the entire mechatronic unit I need this car fixed yesterday.

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I found the information that you were trying to lead me to. That being said, Uwe is hitting the nail on the head. My next course of action is testing and possibly replacing solenoids or the entire mechatronic unit I need this car fixed yesterday.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Ever consider dropping a line too Holly?

pugliese.holly@epa.gov

Back