Immobilizer Adaption Error

Boostid

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=379561
I have a 2003 Golf TDI that came with just the basic key. I recently bought one of the keys with the built in fobs and am trying to adapt it to the immobilizer using VCDS. I have the pin for it end everything seems to go fine until I go to Instruments, then adaption after i login with the pin. I enter 21 into the channel and then change the new value to 2 but the save button stays grayed out. If I try to hit the test button then it just says error. I just updated my software before trying this so i have no idea whats going wrong. Also I already checked the new key and it said it was a good key that could be adapted so it shouldn't be that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
We'll need to see an unedited VCDS Auto-Scan of your Golf to see exactly what immobiliser system it has and how it's equipped.

Boostid

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=379561
I have already checked the status of the key Im trying to match.
022 0 1 1 3
023 0 0 0 6

And then all the lock times are zero. Ive also tried doing it both with the new key in the ignition first and also with the old key that currently works in the ignition first. Regardless of what I try however it still displays error.

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Go to 01-Engine
Adaptation
ch 91 and post value????

Reactions: Uwe

Boostid

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=379561
The value for ch 91 was 4.

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
That is Good , so not Immo Off in ECU.
When you enter Pin , and you go to Ch21 , when you chnage value to #2 , do you press TEST?

Boostid

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=379561
I have tried pressing test and it just causes it to say the error in the test box but the save button is grayed out so the test button is the only button that I can press. Is there any way to check if the pin is correct or would it tell me right away if the pin was incorrect?

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
When you enter the PIN on the Login Screen, VCDS will return you to the main screen. Watch the spinning wheel in the upper left hand corner. It should not stop. On those old KW1281 modules, there is no explicit "I accept this" or "I reject this" message for a Login. If the module accepts it, the session continues. If the module rejects it, it will drop the diagnostic session. In that case, VCDS will automatically start a new session, which you can see happening if you watch the upper left hand corner of the screen, and once it has a new session, it will put a warning message in the upper right corner of the screen like this:

login-lost.png

If you don't see after say 15-30 seconds, you can assume your login was accepted.

-Uwe-

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
Since you have Error when you press TEST, Most likely you have wrong PIn.

Back