Problem with clutch a3 8p

Stopro92

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=364459
Hello everyone, maybe someone will help me here, for which I would be grateful. The problem concerns my Audi a3 8p 2.0 tfsi Quattro, the problem is that it does not always bounce back the clutch, I have already replaced 2x complete clutch with dual mass, 3x clutch pumps and spring pedal clutch, and yet the problem is still the same, maybe someone had a similar symptom? I have no idea what the reason may be ... I will be grateful for any suggestions. Regards.

ai_Ingo

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Hi, does it happen when you drive a left turn?

Stopro92

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=364459
Rather, it doesn't make a difference, sometimes it can do it even when stationary.

What if I turn left? Maybe it's worth checking it out.

Last edited:

ai_Ingo

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Well be happy if not... it could meen thet the main crankshaft bearing has too much play (axial). In the case of a left-hand curve, the crankshaft moves to the right, which creates greater play on the release bearing. I had had that problem more then once in my 27 years working for Audi and VW.
It also could be the pressure hose, there was a bulletin from Audi years ago. It says that the hose can "swell" inside, in that case the fluid goes in one direction (under pressure when you press the clutch)
but does not flow back fast enough. So the pedal wont go back on it´s own. Sometimes the clutch can also slip for a few seconds if you accelerate hard after gear change.

it could also be that there is still air in the system. You can use another option for bleeding, connect the front left brake caliper with a silicone hose to the clutch cylinder, bleed the hose, open both valves and slowly pump the fluid with the brakepedal backwards through the clutch cylinder into the expansion tank, this creates a circuit and the air can go up.

Last edited:

Stopro92

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=364459
I will try to buy this rubber hose, it can help. When I had the chest, the gap on the chest was loose, but only longitudinally.

I will order a new hose, replace it and let you know. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

ai_Ingo

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Ok, let me know what the problem was. I wish you best luck.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Since this appears to involve a manual transmission and clutch, with which VCDS is no help at all, I'm moving this to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Ahhhh did you know crank thrust washers can be dropped or add shims with crank in vehicle if required to establish end play?

Grease on slider for throw out okay?

Ever consider a return spring be installed or shim or use longer throw of bearing or if correct established height of plate to bearing is proper from incorrect FOD parts installed and possibly unwittingly?

Stopro92

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=364459
Hm, everything was put on as it should, especially since I bought 2 clutch because I thought that the first one could be faulty. I was mounting the spring on the pedal but after all, when the pedal was not reflecting there was a problem with shifting the gear.

The symptom is as if the pressure in the system disappeared for a moment, the reason may be this hose, as a colleague mentioned above, I will try to replace it, it may help ...

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Hm, everything was put on as it should, especially since I bought 2 clutch because I thought that the first one could be faulty. I was mounting the spring on the pedal but after all, when the pedal was not reflecting there was a problem with shifting the gear.

The symptom is as if the pressure in the system disappeared for a moment, the reason may be this hose, as a colleague mentioned above, I will try to replace it, it may help ...

Yes the hose is possible it's a TSB is it not?

Not the pedal, the throw out bearing fork for helper spring?

So maybe you bought the wrong clutch or stuff was boxed up wrong twice?

Did you measure all the old parts and compare the heights with proper tools?

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Is the over-centre spring still in position behind the clutch pedal too?

It actually pushes the pedal DOWN when it's past a certain point, and only pushes it back UP, for the top part of it's travel.

Stopro92

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=364459
Yes, I compared the old clutch with the new one, both are the same, the pedal spring has also been changed. I think only the snake remains. Today, when I was riding, the pedal worked ok, but several times there was a problem with switching the gear, so maybe this hose is actually damaged.

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
The Question is it is 5 or 6 speed?
Is it clutch brand new good brand or used and if is 6 speed did you replace clutch bearing assembly ( this will be slave cylinder and bearing assembly)?
Also when you aid clutch pump , do you mean Master cylinder ?

Stopro92

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=364459
At the beginning I bought a new clutch Luk probably was defective, now I bought a second complete new Sachs clutch, when I installed the Sachs clutch the problem was slightly reduced, but not quite, now the pedal is fine, but from time to time I do not bounce. When stationary, sometimes I can not change to 1 gear or reverse, while gears easily enter while driving. I also replaced the clutch pedal pump (2x).

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
This is an indication of incorrect flywheel/plate offset or inadequate reach of Throw out fork.

This is why you have to measure stuff and not blindly install anything anymore?

The old days of trusting a brand is over!

Is not all just re-boxed shit and thrown together from cheapest supplier to hit a price point & reality now?

Marin makes a good point too, that's why I love emm, even if we disagree from time to time!

Stopro92

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=364459
I measured both clutches from the original one and comes out the same, I will try to replace this hose as soon as possible, maybe it will help. I will let know after the exchange. Thanks all for help and suggestions.

Back