Serch any firmware for MIB2 PRO for Hardware revision H42 (3G0035043B)

pollopopo

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I look for the firmware for MIB2 pro hardware revision H42 (part number 3G0035043B)

any version is fine although I would prefer the number the version MU 0343 or higher/lower.

sorry for the bad english

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
you won't get much luck here. your dealer can download it from erWin upon providing the car's VIN. if they're friendly enough they won't even charge you.

pollopopo

Reaction score
you won't get much luck here. your dealer can download it from erWin upon providing the car's VIN. if they're friendly enough they won't even charge you.

In my case it is not an update for my unit, but it is a work in progress for a much bigger thing ... and therefore I need physically the possibility of having the .zip file ...

the dialers make you the update, they don't let you take it home (in VW nothing is free ....)

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Are you sure there’s an update existing? The MIB unit updates are really hard to find.

From VW the only way you get an update is if there’s a TSB for it. Also as the MIB units are updated through SD card and not via OBD, most likely none of the maintenance shops will let you have it.
There might be a better luck on some other forum. You could try MHH-Auto for example.

pollopopo

Reaction score
Are you sure there’s an update existing? The MIB unit updates are really hard to find.

From VW the only way you get an update is if there’s a TSB for it. Also as the MIB units are updated through SD card and not via OBD, most likely none of the maintenance shops will let you have it.
There might be a better luck on some other forum. You could try MHH-Auto for example.

I know who can provide me with any update under the counter ... the problem is that the under counter is not left in my hand but they take it away after the update. For my project that will help many I need the files ...

it's a good project, if it works (and it should work), all the losers with the mirrorlink will have app connect (only for high MIB2);)

Thurs updates are many and they can be done ... the problem is that they don't pass you easy .... for the hardware h41 0199 the last update is the 1100 ... to have it from VW (those few) they had to pray in Chinese

but a curiosity, erWin allows access to private individuals even for a single day, could I download the update in this way ?? or for these updates you have to make specific requests from VW dialer??

for audi there are russian and pure ebay sites that sell the SD with firmware .... for vw nothing

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Erwin does not have updates for the MIB units. The update packages are downloadable without buying access but they only contain normal module updates, no media units. Registration is required though.

I have one MIB2 update files. Not sure if it had discover media or pro included. I have composition media 8” in my Tiguan.
I’ll check that tomorrow.

pollopopo

Reaction score
Erwin does not have updates for the MIB units. The update packages are downloadable without buying access but they only contain normal module updates, no media units. Registration is required though.

I have one MIB2 update files. Not sure if it had discover media or pro included. I have composition media 8” in my Tiguan.
I’ll check that tomorrow.

I paid erwin even though it only worked for 30 minutes instead of 1 hour ..........

it is very useful it allows you to have all the manuals, information and references for your (other) vehicle in your own language, as if it were a real VW workshop ...

unfortunately, however, I have to better understand some dynamics of the service that concern odis and sd creator (generates updates) .... and I must definitely buy a VAS diagnostic on aliexpress :P

I believe that those who do this job (various codes, updates etc ...) get paid for money ... it is not easy to have all the services functioning 100%: /

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
What You're after is k2xxx train file for mib2 to update from k1xxx to k2xx. This will fail though because train check.

SD updates are either ordered or downloaded via sd-maker, but that requires CPN connection to mirrorserver.

pollopopo

Reaction score
What You're after is k2xxx train file for mib2 to update from k1xxx to k2xx. This will fail though because train check.

SD updates are either ordered or downloaded via sd-maker, but that requires CPN connection to mirrorserver.

what I'm looking for is different, however by "unlocking" the eeprom the MIB is deceived and you install whatever you want, with an eye to installing truly equal hardware updates (H41 = H42) .... this can be done with VCP or MIB2 toolbox

I will open a new post to have the chassis number of someone who is an H42 and through that find the TIP code suitable for my request :)

I have 2 acquaintances in VW..I hope they will help me if I give them the TIP code: P

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Wait it is possible without any prepare of eepro. Done many EU Units from 0199 to 1187 which is update to train 3xxx. No modifikation needed, just right update sequence

Back