Question about tool capabilities vs dcc/suspension

ashlol

Reaction score
Hi,

I own a tiguan 2018 bi-tdi 240 full options.
I am very happy with the car except the DCC suspension are still a bit too soft when driving fast even in sport mode.
So by reading lots of forum i kind of understood that it is possible to adjust the working range of the dcc by adjusting the settings in the car. So my question are:
Is it possible to adjust the behavior of the dcc with your tool ?
Is it possible to make the dcc harder in sport but no change of normal/confort mode or will it be applied to all modes ?
Is there a need to replace the shock absorber ?
Can i also make the car lower to decrease drag ?

If yes I will gladly buy 1 of your tool and would need some directions / step by step guide for the above questions.
Since I live in France i will buy it in France to avoid shipment cost / customs price.
Is the products sold by this distributor legit ? https://rosstech.fr/

Thank you
Ash

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It's difficult to answer what is and isn't possible without seeing the exact components installed in the car.

Looking at the data for the DCC module in my 2016 Golf R as an example, I do not see an obvious way to accomplish what you are wanting to do in terms of making it harder in Sport mode.

DCC is damping only. It is not an air suspension, and thus I do not see how it can possibly adjust the ride height to decrease drag.

-Uwe-

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
Tiguan is MQB so it's all the same, DCC module has no coding and very little adaptations to play with. what you're trying to accomplish needs tampering with the dataset or firmware, it's advanced stuff, there are no guides, you couldn't do it with VCDS.

I still suggest you buy the cable, if it's for personal use get a 3-VIN, it's worth every penny.

ashlol

Reaction score
thanks for your answer so as far as you know it is not possible by adjusting the settings of dcc or even there is no settings for dcc ?
Then by replacing the shock absorber i guess it is possible to lower the car like any car but is there any calibration / settings to adjust like the working range for dcc ?
It is clear that by replacing the shock absorber it will impact the behavior of the car in all modes but i'm afraid that the dcc will get wrong behavior since the working range will be smaller. Some guys did it over another forum and they have mixed results. Some have good results and some have worst driving after the change.
I understand that you still advise me to buy vcds but if I have no use for it I'll not spend 270€ out like this. Yes tiguan 2018 is MQB do you have any experience with this ? Can you check on your car to see exactly what is available for dcc ? It would be much appreciated :thanks:

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Of course you can do basic settings for the DCC after installing new springs. The extent will be a bit shorter naturally as the springs are shorter and stiffer.

There are some adaptations settings for the DCC module where you can manually set control voltage for each shock. I don't know if it set's the baseline to which against it will do adjustments during drive, or will it just set a fixed dampening setting and no more adaptivity during drive.

But like darkchina wrote, the only way to change the adjustment curves is to load another dataset to the DCC control module. But for that VCDS is not capable of.

ashlol

Reaction score
which tool can load another dataset ?

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Google is your friend here :)

ashlol

Reaction score
very nice answer thank you so much....:rolleyes:
maybe I have searched and all i can find is vcds or other odb analyser but i don't see anything which can change dcc dataset. I'm in pre sale forum and the guy is telling me to go help myself, no advise no nothing very good seller.:facepalm::cry::banghead:

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
how can you expect us to advertise and recommend you to buy another diag cable which is a competitor to VCDS?

I am also kind of disappointed that our cable cannot do some advanced stuff but there are (apparently) good reasons.

besides that, changing the dataset to one that is not for your car will most probably create other problems.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
I agree with darkchina. Changing the dataset to the DCC module can be done but it might cause some ill effects.

If you want stiffer and lower suspension, you should’ve bought a different car than a SUV.

In my opinion lowering a SUV is like shooting yourself in the leg. You will just cripple everything. SUVs strengths are higher ground clearance and comfier drive experience. It’s not a boy racer type of car. If you lower it and take away the comfy drive with stiffer suspension. What is left? Nothing. A car that is not good at anything anymore.

And if you’ve not found the tool name with google then give up. First link that comes up shows it if you seach for example ”Mqb dataset flashing”.

Back