Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Address 02: Auto Trans Cannot be reached

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinsX View Post
    Can You access modules 02, 03 and 37 directly?
    I had similar issues in autoscan mode with different cars, mainly when I use my old slow Win XP laptop. Directly modules communicate without any problems.
    Tried direct. No dice. I think the AS module is stopping comms to the Transmission Controller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Threads merged.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    TCU under water but CAN is indeed operational on 125 in aforementioned log?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    TCU under water but CAN is indeed operational on 125 in aforementioned log?
    The car runs fine. No Dash lights. When the VCDS autoscan is running, the ABS/traction lights come on when it tries the ABS module.

The main ECU is reporting the existance of the TCU and ABS? Correct?

Address 01: Engine (07C 906 018 FQ)

09:48:51 Group 125: CAN-Databus Communication (Powertrain)
    Transm. 1 Transmission Electronics (J217)
    ABS 1 Brake Electronics (J104)
    Instruments 1 Instrument Cluster (J285)
    HVAC 1 Heating/Air Condition (J255)

On Audi's, the ABS error stops the TCU from being read, somehow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you unplug ABS module to see if things wake up and did you know sometimes a 1 in block 125 values isn't always a guarantee that a module is actually communicating in ME 7?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you unplug ABS module to see if things wake up and did you know sometimes a 1 in block 125 values isn't always a guarantee that a module is actually communicating in ME 7?
    Hi Jack, Not yet. Just waiting for Storm Dennis to pass. I am assuming the ABS pump is under the scuttle... Which means getting the wipers off... Which are being stubborn at the moment!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jack, Not yet. Just waiting for Storm Dennis to pass. I am assuming the ABS pump is under the scuttle... Which means getting the wipers off... Which are being stubborn at the moment!
    LOL those dam W12's..............

Let us know when Stormy Daniels blows by okay?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL those dam W12's..............

Let us know when Stormy Daniels blows by okay?
    Well I unplugged the ABS and it made no difference.

No comms at all to the transmission. There is something happening when I try to talk to the ABS unit as the ABS lights go on but eventually VCDS says that there have been too many comms errors.

Any ideas what I can try next?

Are there any comms logs that will show me what VCDS is doing while it's trying to communicate to the ABS module?

Post Thanks / Like
    So when you unplug ABS do you still have COM in 125?

Are you sure you dont need to check for FOD water ingress in ESP and Trans controllers in the lower catacombs?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So when you unplug ABS do you still have COM in 125?

Are you sure you dont need to check for FOD water ingress in ESP and Trans controllers in the lower catacombs?

Will check what 125 says when I unplug the ABS, but it certainly flagged up on the dash and when I scanned the engine. Also when I scanned the ABS it said no comms immediately instead of trying to connect for ages.

As the car is running OK, I have no reason to suspect any actual faults in the TCM. But I might have a look at the module anyway... Not too easy to get at though. I don't have a lift. I have a pit but there's another vehicle on there at the moment.

Maybe there is some cable fault somewhere? Could a fault exist between the OBD connector and the transmission/ABS but not between the ECU and transmisson/ABS?