Thread: Diesel pump problem

New User
    Post Thanks / Like

Diesel pump problem

Hi. I will replace my diesel pump with a new one. i have an afn engine with the old pump you have to turn to adjust. my question is if the pump from ALH can fit if you replace the plug

//Marcus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Since this question does not seem to involve VCDS at all, moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    VE pumps are ubiquitous in the world & cheap, just rebuild and install proper parts.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucker_v8 View Post
    Hi. I will replace my diesel pump with a new one. i have an afn engine with the old pump you have to turn to adjust. my question is if the pump from ALH can fit if you replace the plug

//Marcus
    You can re-pin either the car harness side of the pump side (not recommended since most wires to the QA are the same color--black) with the correct connector shell.

But in order to get the ALH pump to fit, you'd also have to machine down the ALH pump's pulley and machine/bore a larger opening into the pump bracket to get the ALH pump to fit.

Not really worth it, IMO. I've even go so far as putting 11 mm ALH pump parts into AHU/AFN pumps before for the early engines, so that way I get the 11 mm performance but keep the stock appearance and adjustment style of the factory pump. Saves a lot of time and headaches on machining parts and swapping wiring pins, anyway. Just need the pump head, plunger (and the washer on the back of the plunger) and the cam plate to swap into the old pump to do the conversion.

5. Likes MartinsX liked this post