Diesel pump problem

Trucker_v8

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=275515 (NRRT)
Hi. I will replace my diesel pump with a new one. i have an afn engine with the old pump you have to turn to adjust. my question is if the pump from ALH can fit if you replace the plug

//Marcus

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Since this question does not seem to involve VCDS at all, moving to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
VE pumps are ubiquitous in the world & cheap, just rebuild and install proper parts.

dieseldub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28764
Hi. I will replace my diesel pump with a new one. i have an afn engine with the old pump you have to turn to adjust. my question is if the pump from ALH can fit if you replace the plug

//Marcus

You can re-pin either the car harness side of the pump side (not recommended since most wires to the QA are the same color--black) with the correct connector shell.

But in order to get the ALH pump to fit, you'd also have to machine down the ALH pump's pulley and machine/bore a larger opening into the pump bracket to get the ALH pump to fit.

Not really worth it, IMO. I've even go so far as putting 11 mm ALH pump parts into AHU/AFN pumps before for the early engines, so that way I get the 11 mm performance but keep the stock appearance and adjustment style of the factory pump. Saves a lot of time and headaches on machining parts and swapping wiring pins, anyway. Just need the pump head, plunger (and the washer on the back of the plunger) and the cam plate to swap into the old pump to do the conversion.

Back