Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Battery

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    12.9V is not horrible. It's enough to keep the battery from discharging, but it sure isn't going to put a full charge into it either.
    I seem to remember reading that the BMS tries to keep the battery no more than 80% charged - to allow room for the "regenerative charging" when off the gas?

2. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seem to remember reading that the BMS tries to keep the battery no more than 80% charged - to allow room for the "regenerative charging" when off the gas?

I really like this post for compare and contrasts of industry futures quatrains to come........

One day there was a fire and off gasses killed everyone in the car before it even started?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    With the car locked up for the last few hours the voltage according to the Bluetooth monitor is reading 12.65v. For an AGM that’s approx 80% sounds about right. It varies though, last night it was 12.54( probably 70% ish)which resulted in a crank voltage 8.5v this morning and glitching the heated steering wheel to come on by itself after the cranking.

Today the car was charging the battery at full 14.3v in all conditions, foot to the floor and braking ( start stop working ok) but yesterday it was mostly charging when deaccerating and braking. A very strange charging system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky 32 View Post
    yesterday it was mostly charging when deaccerating and braking. A very strange charging system.
    All because the manufacturers need to meet lower emissions targets

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    All because the manufacturers need to meet lower emissions targets
    Yep, CO2 emissions targets in the EU and Fuel Economy targets (which are essentially the same thing) in the US.

Yet some people here complain that the current US administration wants to put a brake on those ever tightening targets.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

7. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried one of those Conductance battery testers today, supposed to be a good one, results i got were:

SOC : 73% ( i wouldn’t expect full charge due to energy recoup.)

Cranking amps ( EN) rated 680A, actual 515A

SOH : 57%

Int R : 4.40 mega ohm

Result : “Good Battery”, hmmm i would have thought 57% state of health not exactly good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky 32 View Post
    Int R : 4.40 mega ohm
    I hope not - do you mean milli ohm (which is 1,000,000,000 times smaller)

10. Likes Bruce, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes milli ohm, my bad :-/

12. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet some people here complain that the current US administration wants to put a brake on those ever tightening targets.

-Uwe-
    Totally possible and it clearly doesn't have to make the car too expensive either. Why not make cars with less shit in them and so people can buy a stripped base, even rubber floors vs carpets & manual locks & hand cranked windows, no radio, etc.?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........