Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2009 A4 misses at idle but fine over 1100 rpms

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP writes....

Yes double checked cam timing its ok. Compression is at 170 across all 4 cyl. Was thinking the electrical stuff was from the car sitting and I have a charger on it now because battery was weak from sitting for a few months. All the light bulb codes and airbag codes are from the front end being apart still. Car is not modified...that I know of.
    He allegedly acknowledged it in dismissal?

Considering the noids stick their dick in the cam to move the ramp lobe height, I think so it should be fixed!

I think everyone assumed you'd made a conenction to the solenoid
    Not me I requested it from the beginning in post # 2.

All these questions and test/checking, and the broken conenctor hasn't been bodged up to at least make a connection???
    IK WTF!

Zero point in doing anything until you've made that connection somehow, and verified it carries load. Why are you asking about adaptation, if the solenoid isn't even connected???
    Ditto....
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 02-13-2020 at 12:15 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jef, the cam adaptations -3.43 at 73 degrees c. I was watching misfire counters as it warmed up...it was not misfiring on any cylinders until it got a little warm then cyl 3 started misfiring. I was also monitoring cam and crank speed. Not sure why but cam speed is correct but crank is double the rpms it's actually at.(4x cam speed) After a while cyl 3 stopped counting misfires and epc light came on but I think it was because it shut cyl down. Trying to give as much info as I can. If I need to wait until I fix the cam solenoid wiring I will. I'm not here to waste peoples time just trying to get a handle on this before I pull it apart again. Thanks again, vince
    Last edited by VinceI; 02-13-2020 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Forgot some info

Post Thanks / Like

Jef, the cam adaptations -3.43 at 73 degrees c. I was watching misfire counters as it warmed up...it was not misfiring on any cylinders until it got a little warm then cyl 3 started misfiring. I was also monitoring cam and crank speed. Not sure why but cam speed is correct but crank is double the rpms it's actually at.(4x cam speed) After a while cyl 3 stopped counting misfires and epc light came on but I think it was because it shut cyl down. Trying to give as much info as I can. If I need to wait until I fix the cam solenoid wiring I will. I'm not here to waste peoples time just trying to get a handle on this before I pull it apart again. Thanks again, vince

You must realize you are only wasting your own time by doing things half ass and not correcting known faults before trying to use a diagnostic stack or OBD adaptions or readiness tests?
    So why do you think the EPC relevance is this, did you adapt at least that or was there a DTC, what is the basis for aforementioned statement?

Do you have an RTFB and did you load test the wires you need to repair with a pigtail?

You do realize wiring for the TV is a known TSB if you RTFB right?

FYI: Cams turn at half the speed of crank in pretty much any 4 stroke 5 event engine but not all, indeed in this one did you know that?

Your ignorance levels for basics of a combustion engine are monumental, I suggest you study up.
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 02-13-2020 at 01:08 AM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

4. Likes Fredrick Awuor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Function test?

I think you could strongly benefit from this SSP Vinny.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...bCGMTXS2hSHyGf
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 02-13-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    You must realize you are only wasting your own time by doing things half ass and not correcting known faults before trying to use a diagnostic stack or OBD adaptions or readiness tests?
    So why do you think the EPC relevance is this, did you adapt at least that or was there a DTC, what is the basis for aforementioned statement?

Do you have an RTFB and did you load test the wires you need to repair with a pigtail?

You do realize wiring for the TV is a known TSB if you RTFB right?

FYI: Cams turn at half the speed of crank in pretty much any 4 stroke 5 event engine but not all, indeed in this one did you know that?

Your ignorance levels for basics of a combustion engine are monumental, I suggest you study up.
    Your ignorance in reading the English language is amazing...I said the crank it reading 4x cam speed, i know it actual spins 2 to 1 which is why I added that info. I thought it seemed weird but I'm just an normal ignorant guy. Also when u make a general statement like are you going to fix the electric problem, i assumed you were talking about the 10 different electrical codes because the front was off and when i offered that as a reason u didnt say "hey vince not the other 9 electrical problems but the cam solenoid electrical problem" because that would have been a helpful reply. Instead you want to just ask questions and make things more difficult. I well aware of the workingd of a 4 stroke internal combustion engine so continue being the jack ass u are so proud to be on someone else's post. I will figure it out. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Your ignorance in reading the English language is amazing...I said the crank it reading 4x cam speed, i know it actual spins 2 to 1 which is why I added that info. I thought it seemed weird but I'm just an normal ignorant guy. Also when u make a general statement like are you going to fix the electric problem, i assumed you were talking about the 10 different electrical codes because the front was off and when i offered that as a reason u didnt say "hey vince not the other 9 electrical problems but the cam solenoid electrical problem" because that would have been a helpful reply. Instead you want to just ask questions and make things more difficult. I well aware of the workingd of a 4 stroke internal combustion engine so continue being the jack ass u are so proud to be on someone else's post. I will figure it out. Thanks

One day there was a snow storm and a Jetta was stuck in a snow bank at the local Burgerking and real deep, a woman and two younger teens shoveling.
    I stop and ask if I can pull them out or plow the snow out of their way with truck to help and the lady yells at me, " they know what they are doing "!
    Okay than have a nice day.........I drive off to go do some snow removal.
    While I drive by several hours later and they are still stuck, I & a friend yell out the window " THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! "

Some people are unreachable!

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

SET TO IGNORE FOR 24 HR TIME OUT!

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 02-13-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not at all but I will figure it out...you are set to ignore period. Thanks