Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 A4 misses at idle but fine over 1100 rpms

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is facing correctly in the air stream. I have no idea about the ecu firmware and unless I can to it with this tool I dont have the means to update it.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any adaptations that should be reset after timing chain failure? This thing is acting like it has an egr issue which is controlled by cam timing. I see there is chain stretch adaptations could something like this be causing the intake cam to have a delayed opening? I have swapped out the vvt valve and magnet from a known running car and it still does the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets not start another thread.....

7225 - Cam Adjustment Actuator A; Cylinder 4
    P11AD 00 [109] - Elec. Malf. or Open Circuit
    Have you looked into that? Have you ohm tested the cam adjustment actuators for cylinder 4? Or maybe swap them around and see if the fault code moves?

With engine up to temp and at idle, what is Advance Measuring Value IDE00182 - Camshaft adaptation intake bank 1: phase position reading?
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

4. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    Lets not start another thread.....

Have you looked into that? Have you ohm tested the cam adjustment actuators for cylinder 4? Or maybe swap them around and see if the fault code moves?

With engine up to temp and at idle, what is Advance Measuring Value IDE00182 - Camshaft adaptation intake bank 1: phase position reading?
    Jef, thanks for the reply. Yes that connector is broken I'm waiting on a harness to get here friday to fix that. If I remember correctly it's at 28 degrees then it drops to 0 when I rev it up enough for it to stop missing. I need to recheck but I think the adaptation was around 3 degrees but I will rerun it when I get home from work tonight and repost.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do expect a car to run proper with this fault yet to be rectified?

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Jack, I dont know. Why would someone send me on a wild goose chase knowing that the fault wasnt rectified? If you read the first post I asked if anyone knew where I could get a pigtail to fix that issue but u still went on with 15 things to check. It's not like I left that part out. Thanks for your help but if your goal is to just bust peoples balls I will figure it out hopefully with the help of folks that are here to do just that. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Jack, I dont know. Why would someone send me on a wild goose chase knowing that the fault wasnt rectified? If you read the first post I asked if anyone knew where I could get a pigtail to fix that issue but u still went on with 15 things to check. It's not like I left that part out. Thanks for your help but if your goal is to just bust peoples balls I will figure it out hopefully with the help of folks that are here to do just that. Thanks

Now you are just being disingenuous!

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post191081

How hard is it to make temporary repairs to a wire or even to solder to see?

Don't get frustrated follow through.

As far as getting your balls broke in the auto repair industry, Ummm are you fucking joking?

I think you are wearing your heart on your sleeve and wrapped a little too tight, stop being lazy and get shit done or go sulk in the corner.

NostraJackASS Has Spoken!
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Now you are just being disingenuous!

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post191081

How hard is it to make temporary repairs to a wire or even to solder to see?

Don't get frustrated follow through.

As far as getting your balls broke in the auto repair industry, Ummm are you fucking joking?

I think you are wearing your heart on your sleeve and wrapped a little too tight, stop being lazy and get shit done or go sulk in the corner.

NostraJackASS Has Spoken!
    It's kind of hard when the terminal ends are broken off. Thanks for your help. You may know a lot about these cars but that doesnt make everyone else that asks a question stupid either. On most forums people are there to help. I'm still holding out judgement because I believe there's some on this forum also. I also believe that a lot more would chime in and help if there wasnt someone so negative on the forum. Again thanks for your "help" but I will handle it from here hopefully with the help of some of the forum members.

Post Thanks / Like
    Emission standard 7GB Emission standard ULEV 2

It's kind of hard when the terminal ends are broken off. Thanks for your help. You may know a lot about these cars but that doesnt make everyone else that asks a question stupid either. On most forums people are there to help. I'm still holding out judgement because I believe there's some on this forum also. I also believe that a lot more would chime in and help if there wasnt someone so negative on the forum. Again thanks for your "help" but I will handle it from here hopefully with the help of some of the forum members.

Yeah what I see is a pattern behavior & that is being documented, isn't it?

Ever hear of a w-crimp set and connectors to have in your box as a tool?

Do you have a Wurth rep?

The only time you are stupid is when you make false or misleading statements & as to my character or that I didn't try to help you address an issue with self help & I clearly did while you further dismissed me or forum rules by creating duplicate threads, didn't you?

The video for auto-scan isn't just how to do an auto-scan, but also how to post them in the forum, why not get your head out or your ass and listen versus criticize for your inability to read & follow directions?

I hope someone else does chime in & to reiterate the same.

https://www.wurthindustry.com/en/win...eite/index.php

Vehicle Identification No. WAULF78K59N068768
    Model audi a4 qu. 2,0
    A4
    Date of production 28.03.2009
    Model year 2009
    Sales type 8K256L
    Engine Code CAEB
    Transmission Code LML

Emission standard 7GB Emission standard ULEV 2

https://iaspub.epa.gov/otaqpub/displ...d=19527&flag=1

I guess the real question is, why are you doing repairs that are self evidently covered under useful life warranty & clearly related to a carry over or ORVR that reaches an extension automatically of 15/150K & by actual affirmation itself and required or as detailed to be in CFR 40?

ORVR Safety Application for Carry-over ORVR Systems The information provided below is in accordance with EPA Dear Manufacturer Letter CCD-05-03 -Attachment A.Name of current ORVR/Evaporative Family: 9ADXR0140B8Q 1.) Name of most recent previously certified ORVR/Evaporative Family from which the current family is being carried over: 8ADXR0140B8Q2.) Statement of No Substantial Changes:There have been no substantial changes made from the previously certified ORVRsystem. 3.) List of changes that have been implemented:a) None 4.) Statement of No In-Use Problems:Volkswagen has issued no defect reports, service notifications, emissions or safety-recalls, campaigns, instructions or bulletins to dealers or field personnel and there are no changes in production procedure or components related to the ORVR system except as-listed below.a) None b) U. S. DOT ODI Number: None
    Are not the part numbers and CVN or CAL ID's as disseminated by the OEM in FOIA PAGE 63 or not present proof the car fails to make its useful life or conformity and is indeed covered by such affirmations & or admittedly to a buy back?

It's not like VAG hasn't lied to the US GOV or sold cars before that didn't conform right?

Oh and FYI me asking if you checked mechanical components or if you have basics such as compression, are not wild goose chases, especially when I have witnessed literally hundred's of cams twisted in this POS CAEB engine, in addition to solenoid issue faults & vicariously caused by damaged rouge mechanical mechanism of cam spline, so maybe you should reconsider your position and assume it huh?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 02-12-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think everyone assumed you'd made a conenction to the solenoid

All these questions and test/checking, and the broken conenctor hasn't been bodged up to at least make a connection???

Zero point in doing anything until you've made that connection somehow, and verified it carries load. Why are you asking about adaptation, if the solenoid isn't even connected???
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

12. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post